What has been your experience as you've cared for the "baby?" Was it harder than you thought? Easier? What was frustrating about it? Did you have any interesting experiences? Tell me all about it.
(Please post using your first name only, and if needed, a last initial. Use correct English.)
My experience caring for the "baby" was interesting. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake. It wasn't. It is harder than I thought because when it cried I never knew exactly what it wanted. Sometimes you give it the bottle, but it really wants its diaper changed. Sometimes you change its diaper, but it really want's the bottle. It was hard to wake up in the middle of the night to take care of it. You just got so tired. An interesting experience I had with the baby was the first night I had it. My little brother loved it and he would not let it out of his sight. He even slept in my room to be closer to the baby. Another interesting experience I had was on the bus. It started crying because it needed its diaper changed, so I had to change it on the bus.
ReplyDelete-Alyssa C.
When i first got my baby i thought it was going to be so much harder then it really was. My first baby the Native baby was so good for me, It only woke up once during the night and was a really good baby plus the learning experience for me. Then the second baby i had, , , Hoping it would've been as good as the first one. Well i had a big surprise it was much much harder probably like a normal new born. It woke up about five to six times during the night and was way more fussy cause it was a little girl. But it did not excite me for my third baby at all. I didn't have any rare unusual, funny things happen with me and my baby. I just stayed home with it not wanting to be embarrassed. I know you cant really do that with a real baby though. But overall it was fun and something i think that every high school student should have to do at least one time in high school.
ReplyDeleteMy baby was a boy and I named him Alexander. He was hispanic and every time I went somewhere
ReplyDeleteeverybody wanted to see my baby and tell me what a great program they thought I was involved in. The first day was kind of fun. I had a hard time getting my wrist band to work on him, but I finally figured it out. When Alexander cried and I had to change his diaper, he made the cutest sound that he was happy and he made me laugh and feel good that I had done something right. The hardest thing for me was waking up in the middle of the night to take care of him, I was really tired and I wanted to give up, but I didn't.
marissa m.
I had so much fun with my baby. She was the hispanic girl and I named her Georgina Yazmin.I thought that it was a very good experiance. It was a little difficult for me because I am a waitress and it was hard for me to take care of her at work. My little niece is lives with us and is 1 year old. One night the baby started to cry and so I went up stairs. It turns out that my niece was sick and she was up too. The baby kept crying and so my niece came over and patted the baby's head and gave it kisses so that she wouldn't be sad anymore. The biggest thing that I have learned is that you really need to plan when to have a baby. It was so hard for me to take care of her and try to do my homework, and work, and go to school the next morning.But through it all it was a really fun experiance.
ReplyDeleteThe first time i took the baby home it kept me up till four in the morning so it was way harder than i expected!! the second time the baby was wonderful! it only woke up once. so the baby was how i expected it. cranky sometimes and good others. My little brother didn't like the baby very much he's only a year old... he hit the baby on the head... other than that it was a good experience.
ReplyDeletei had alot of fun with my baby. he was really easy most of the time he cried when i was driving and that really sucked, but it was easer then i thought but i also have took a 2 other times. so it was easer cause i have took care of the baby before. i took the new hispanic boy i named heim bob cause that was really easy to remember. the most hardest thing was when he started to cried in the middle of the night then i would give it what it need then i would try to go back it would start to cry but i had so much fun but i would not want to have a kid right now
ReplyDeleteI was having so much fun with the baby. It was a little harder than I thought, but i got through it. Mine was the hispanic boy and I named him Ayden. It was so frustrating when i couldn't figure out what was wrong. I didn't like hearing him cry, it was sad. Once it started crying and i couldn't find out what was wrong. So I held he and he suddenly stopped crying. It was so weird. I realized that i was not physically, emotionally, and mentally prepared for a baby.
ReplyDeleteTaking the baby was very interesting for me. I've always loved kids, especially babies, and i thought that it would be like the times that i have babysat over night for my aunt and uncle, but it was way different. Whenever i went somewhere people that i knew would come up to me and ask me whose baby it was then when i showed them that it was fake they would kind of act as if they were embarrassed that they asked me and i would just tell them that i got it a lot so it was ok. When i took it to church it only cried once during each of my meetings. In my Sunday school class the boys wanted to hold it more then the girls, it actually kept the boys more quiet then they have ever been haha. Nights were hard because we had family staying with us and i didn't want the baby to wake up the younger kids. So right when i heard it fuss i was up out of my bed and trying to see what it needed. It gave me big headaches at night that is for sure. My grandpa and dad just laughed at me most of the weekend and they kept teasing me. Overall though i thought that it was a great experience that all highschoolers should have to do.
ReplyDelete-Kelsee
well in my experience to take fully charge of a baby is a hard work. Also, that I will cry at times that you would never expect it to but overall it is a good program to do so teens can know what it will feel like
ReplyDeleteLike Kelsee i have always really liked little kids. I think the baby is different though. Even though it does help you to understand how hard it can be sometimes. The worst part for me was when you fed it and then about 5 minutes later i had to feed it again. Overall it wasn't really bad at all though. I liked how immediately after you got what it wanted it stopped crying. You didn't know when you were supposed to burp it though so that part was kind of hard. I hardly had to wake in the night but it was kind of hard to stay awake while trying to feed it. The third day i had it it didn't cry for like the first couple hours but then after that it cried about every 15-30 minutes. It's all pretty easy though. It just takes some time for you to feed it and the rest is really easy. I think it can be a very good experience for those who might not have younger siblings or just don't know what they are doing.
ReplyDeleteI think the baby was a great experience, it was very educational and made me not want to have kids for a while. The baby was not as hard as i thought it was going to be. But it was and eye opener. It cried a lot and ate a lot as well, it did every thing a lot!!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as the baby turned on he started crying because he was hungry, i thought to myself oh my this is going to be a long weekend. But after I got home (feeding him the hole way) he calmed down. I set up a basenet in my room so he can sleep in it at night or when he took naps. When I grow up I want to have a boy. So I figured I should take the boy baby home. Well since he was a boy, he ate conatantly, then fell asleep for 2 mintutes then woke up and was hungry again, But he would never burp for me. It was the most annoying thing i've ever dealt with! I learned that right now in my life I'm not ready to have a baby. And that they take alot of energy and attention. All in all it was a great experience.
ReplyDelete-Ashley A.
For me taking the baby home was, well...eventful, i guess you could say. I had to stay after school, the day I got it, to take a test so Rachel and Kelsee stayed with me. After that we walked to Rachel's house and some guy honked at us... we got so many weird looks...it was kind of funny though, ecspecially since we had to stan next to McDonalds waiting for Kelsee's Dad HAHA. The first day it didn't cry at first, till like 2 hours later. On saturday I didn't do anything so it wasn't to hard. I had the Native boy...my brothers thought it was Black... but then again they weren't really the only ones. I have a really really little dog... he thought it was pretty interesting, if he was around when it would cry he would run over to see if it was ok. On saturday night one of my family members was holding it, she just so happend to be smoking, I told her to put it out so she didn't kill it or make it smell like smoke... she said it would never know and right then it started coughing and then cried. It was crazy. On sunday we had an archery competition and it was pretty interesting to see everyone's reaction to the baby. THAT THING ATE SOOOO MUCH! But it didn't eat as much on sunday... any way it was a good experience, it definatly teaches you how hard it can be, and hopefully teaches you to not have a kid anytime soon(at least at our age).
ReplyDelete-Dakota B.
this baby i took was hard to take care of it because it is harder than a really baby. my mom said it was to because i all was watched my cousin harmony and she is a year and half and she was way easyer than these babys but the one i liked the most was the white gurl 2 she bearlly ever cried but i hated when it cried in the midle of the night it was the harder an u can like bearlly hear it butit was a good experince 4 the gurl and guys and more guys should take it. because it would let them no what the consquences for what they did and they will know what to ecpect.i do not wont to ever have a baby tell iam 24 to 26 to have one because i will be ready for it but ever one needs to take this class it is the best class ever u learn a lot so take it but make sure u dont forget ur scaner like someone i know lol!!!
ReplyDeleteChelse Reed
My experience caring for the "baby" was rather interesting. It was much harder than I thought; it was much harder than taking care of a real baby. The most frustrating part was waking up every hour and a half and sitting in the same position for twenty to thirty minutes. Another frustrating and interesting thing is I found myself getting attatched to the "baby". I went to a basket ball game and I had just fed, burped, and changed the "baby" and a few of my friends wanted to hold the "baby" so I thought a few minutes will be fine; but then I got nervous and asked for the "baby" back. One very interesting experience I had was the "baby" was crying and my friend starting talking to it and it stopped crying then it was quiet for a few seconds then I would go to tell my friend something and as soon as I started talking the "baby" started crying.
ReplyDeleteKadee P
My experience with the mechanical baby was tough work. To be completely honest i thought it was going to be simple. When it cried, i would take care of it. simple. but it didn't turn out that way at all. The weekend i did the project i had to take it to vernal, and take it shopping with me. I set it in my basket and i got so many bad looks, and even had people ask me how old i was and the baby. So they could calculate and soon figure out i would be way to young to be having my own baby. I also took it to the movies, luckily i got to sit at the back and run out before it started screaming and make people mad. I will admit it was very irritating and frusturating having to run out when the best part of the movie was playing. And it was real tough getting up numerous amount of times during the night to take care of the baby. I was so tired, but i knew it would be worth it, or at least i thought it would have been. haha. so all in all it was a great experience and i learned so much from the this class. It really showed me the reality of having a baby. That it isn't just fun and games.
ReplyDeleteTaking Care of "kyle" was an awesome experience. it was hard work, but i became attached very fast. i tried my hardest to attend to all of his needs. i was very protective but it gave me great skills for when i am older and decide to have one or two of my own. the nights were tough at some points, and i just wanted to give up, but i didnt and told myself "what if he was real?". i also got a great experience with kidnapping. my mom had me pay a ransom that later turned into an education trust fund.
ReplyDeleteTaking care of the baby was a lot of work. At first i thought it would be no problem. but as the day went on i was starting 2 realize how hard it would be. it seemed 2 me that as the days went on the baby seemed 2 cry more. by Sunday noon i was so tired of little sleep and the baby. i was so ready 2 give up. but i didn't. i just kept telling myself, "Just a little more, ur almost done." and i wanted 2 prove 2 my mom that i could do it. when i first told her i was going 2 bring a baby home. she just laughed and called me crazy. i did learn a lesson. i learned 2 have more patience and 2 not have a baby. but in the end i think it was worth it.
ReplyDeleteI took the baby home and it did not cry for awhile.The next i got sick with the flu. i would be in the bathroom trying not to be sick and the baby would be crying in my room. It was very frustrating to not be able to take care of the baby at all times, like i wanted to. Also i was helping my mom with putting things in the shed and the baby would start crying and would have to drop every thing i was doing at that time. it was not hard to take care of the baby , but hard to drop every thing i was doing to take care of it. Also being sick did not help me any, but thats life, it happens to parents all the time,
ReplyDeleteI will not ever become a teenaged mother. The looks at the grocery store were enough for me. Everyone was staring at me like i was a bad person for being a teenager with a baby. One lady asked Vanessa's mom if my sister had had a baby or who's it was. I had to take the baby to the donkey basketball game as well. It was hard because i couldn't hear the baby. I didn't hear it untill it started screaming and i couldn't hear it sucking when it was drinking or the chime when the id registered. I hate being awakened at night.
ReplyDeletewhen i had baby i had to go to the store and everyone was looking at me like i was a hoe and a slut! i hated it! Every time that i had that thing it would cry all the time and so i hit it one time and it screamed really really loud! It woke everyone up and my parents and they was so mad! i think that it was a good learning experience but o well...
ReplyDelete