Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What have you learned in Financial Literacy?



Thanks so much for taking Financial Literacy from me this semester. We covered a lot of material in not much time, and I know it was overwhelming at times. I really love teaching this stuff because I know you will need it as you start out on your new lives. I know I can't teach you everything you will ever need, but I hope I've at least steered you in the right direction.

I want to know what you have learned this semester. Please give me at least four notable things you will remember. What do you think will be the most beneficial for you in the future? Why? This is your very last assignment for this class, so make it good!

P.S. I actually will miss you guys, even the ones who complained about notes, tipped back on their chairs, lost their binders, kept everyone laughing, and teased me. Good luck in the great adventure of life! Love, Mrs. Lemon-Kitchen

49 comments:

  1. I learned about the Pros and Cons on cars new and used and houses v.s. renting. Also i learned that you need a job and a good one to make money so you can afford stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned about Taxes, Buying a home, Buying a car, and banking. These are all going to help me in year when i graduate from high school, and also through the rest of my life. Thanks Mrs. Lemon-Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned about taxes, housing, buying a car, and saving money on food. theses are pretty much the main things you need to know in life, yeah everything else is really important but these are probably the very most important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This class i did learn somethings but a lot of the things a already knew. i did learn about houses and credit. it hopefully will help me in the future

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember stuff about credit buying a house bills and debts. i will not get into that debt stuff by the things that i learned

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have learned many things in the past semister of finacial literacy, and yes it was overwhelming but I had alot of fun while in it. Never buy crap you can't afford. always pay for what you buy. be careful with credit cards. don't light your house on fire "on purpose". i think that stocks are really important because you can manipulate the power of stocks for your benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned something about Taxes, Insurance, Housing, and buying a vehicle. The most beneficial was learning how to paying bills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4 things from this class i will always remember is the fun class we had that always messed around and told stories. I will also remember the banking, car buying, and house buying lessons because those will be the most beneficial to me in my future. This class was great and i learned a whole lot that will help me out of high school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4 things that i have learned over this semester is how to manage my money, the things i need to look for in a house, really good car buying tips, and the last thing that i will remember is how unreliable the stock market is. I think these things are all good to know and to remember. Knowing these things i will be able to get far in life and actually know what i'm doing. i will know how to manage and take care of my money. thanks for all you have done Mrs. lemon. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The First thing that i will keep is how to have good credit. I will also remember tips on buying a house and a car. I haved learned things to better help me on managing my money. The job interview simulation also will help me in my start to success.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Four things i am going to remember..
    I'm going to remember the stuff we learned about Marriage, and Budgeting, And Values. I feel like those were really important to remember. I remember the things we learned about careers, and how to apply for a real professional job. Getting a good job is one of those things that really, really influences someone's life. Sure, you can always take a long time finding your soulmate, or starting a family. But, one thing you need to have stable is a good job. I also am going to remember some, not all of the things we learned about credit, i think that was the hardest subject to cover, and teach i'm sure. But it was really important, money managing is a very difficult thing. I think that you have taught us, many important things. Although we all had our moments, when we didn't want to learn, or pay any attention at all, all of this information is very important for us to know to make our future successful. So, we should all be very thankful for you, to being calm, and helping us start out our lives right.

    --Jessi Peatross
    B3 5/27/09
    Fin Lit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some things that i will remember are how to keep track of my check balance, how to buy a car, how to see what would be a good credit card, and how to file my taxes. i think that the most beneficial thing that i'll remember is how to buy something and then to try staying out of debt because that is something that can lead to a lot of trouble later in life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. first thing I learned how too bank money and save better. second I learned how too get good credit. Third I learned how to buy a house. Forth thing was i learned how too go in for a interview how to prepare for it and what too wear how too make a resume. It was a great class. i learned alot. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some things I have learned this semester and will remember are how to balance a check register, what to use a credit card for, how to not spend money on things you don't need, and how to buy a car. The most beneficial thing for me will probably be to remember not to buy things that I don't need and to keep from going into debt, i think this will help me to save my money so that i don't go into buy buying things that will put me further into debt. I've learned alot and it will help me throughout my life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ive learned wat qualities to look for in buying a car, i know now wat to see in different cars and deeply look and find the differences.

    i learned how to do banking and how to reconcile on a register. it was kinda confusing to learn but i managed to do it thanks to my brother sitting down wit me and actually helping me out to understand it.

    i also learned how to use both a credit card and a dept card. the thing we did on tha computer that deals wit both of them was really confusing but at the same time it was really fun. i learned alot about banking.

    i read the notes on buy food and learning wat to look for like low prices, and convience of foods. now that im going to be on my own, it really helped me to understand to differences and the steps to buying food. low prices and good quality is the best way to go.

    the class was good it taught me a lot and i tried the methods of wat i was taught and it helped thanx :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have learned a lot. The most beneficial thing I had learned was probably the tips for buy car, save money. I had no idea how expensive insurances are, home important they are. I will probably use the tips for job interview.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have learned so much in this class. I learned how to apply for loans and about mortgages and stuff. I learned how important it is to know how to do taxes and those kinda things. I learned alot about the different types of insurances and what they do for you. But all in all i did learn quite a bit of stuff that should help along in the future for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I learned a lot from this class like how to pay bills and how to buy stuff by saving money also houseingand credit think you alot

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Learned 1. Marry Someone With your same values and that is Hott!!
    2. When Buying a car use Blue Book
    3. Buy clothes that stay in style
    4. Use annual credit report.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. In this class i've learned a lot. About buying cars and where to go to get reviews on them. Also about all kinds of insurance including homeowners and renters. I also learned about saving money on food and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  21. four things that i have learned that i will remember is the budgeting. the marriage part. the credit stuff. and probably the job section. a lot of the stuff i have learned will help me to start my life. it was an eye opener to me. thanks for all the hard work you put into it. a lot of it should help me out in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I learned how to buy a car and what to look for. I also learned how to buy a home. And how to not go over any budget without thinking. I learned how to spend my money wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i learned how to buy a car on kelly blue book. i also learned how much my family spend on me in just one year, it is a lot, i learned how to pay bills and how to save my money and spend it on thing i really need. And now i know that if i really want something i need to way 3 days and if i still need it go and get. i really liked this class i learned so much it was fun with all my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I learned a lot of terms that I didn't know before. These will help me to know what I need to do with my money now, to be there for me in the future. I learned how to save my money, and where it is easiest to cut back.

    ReplyDelete
  25. what i have learned in Financial Literacy. i have learned that if you ever go over your credit you most likly be paying a fee. if you dont know how to spend and save your money right you will end up paying a fee. i learned that there are a lot of people who like to still and like to spend money that you dont have. i figure if you dont know how to put the puzzle together you will never accomplish your goals. And to all your readers dont fall behind it sucks and always listen no matter how boring. This class was cool and boring at the same time have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This was a really interesting class! I learned sooo much about finances. My favorite topics where about taxes, the car buying process, credit and marriage :) But the one I'll probably use most in my future is "how to buy a car". The taxes where also really interesting. Haha, I was always wondering how that all work... Well, it was a fun class and I learned so much more about finances I would have ever learned in Germany... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i learned that kelly blue book is the shiz and will help anyone looking to buy a car. i also learned that credit is a big deal and managing checking is not easy and i never want to do it. im going to make my dad do mine. Paying bills is also a big deal and good credit can make or break you in life

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have learned a lot this semester in Financial literacy. I have learned how to find the best deals on things i will be buying every day. i have learned which tax form to use as i file my taxes. I learned that Albert Einstein said "the most powerful force in the universe is compound interest" or something like that... i have learned that Roth IRA is the absolute best way to invest money. most of all, i learned that i have a whole lot of work ahead of me to make sure i can retire in the the way i hope to be accustomed to...

    ReplyDelete
  29. well,i learned that we need to be full when we go on grocery shopping and thats been very helpful for me because before i knew that,i used to buy every junk in the store. And I really liked the project about buying a car,it was so fun. I also though that the register process was the greatest thing we did, i learned o lot about it, and i really liked the register topic,it give me an idea of working in a bank, i liked it.
    Other things that i learned is not to play with a credit card and how a checking account works.
    i think this was a very important class that makes you realize thing that some times you don't even think about it and those things really make a change in the way you do things.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I learned what to consider when buying a car and that values are important. I also learned ways to help me decide to buy or rent a house, and how to save money and manage my credit wisely. I think it'll be really beneficial for me to know how to manage my money and cut costs, because then I'll have more money.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The four things i learned this semester. One was the very important tax process. Another thing i learned is how much of my actual income i should spend on each category. Also i learned that making a budget is the best way to keep track of the things i spend my money on, and that i need to start a retirement fund now if i want money to retire on.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The four things I learned that were interesting were: how to properly apply for a job, how to buy a car, the "illegal questions" of an interview, and what to look for when getting a credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. i learned how to buy a car
    and that kelly blue book is so nice to find the price of the cars

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have learnt a lot of things about what we need to learn about life. filling out taxes is not something im looking forward to, also I am looking at fraud and making sure i dont fall for anything. those are only a few things I have learnt on financial literacy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Four things I have learned in this class in one never rush into something your not sure of, two always be sure to pay your bills on time, don't buy things that your not completely sure how much they are worth and how much damage they have, and last you always pay attention to what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well i have learned quiet a bit this semester and some of the most important things I will remember is home ownership, insurance, credit card information, how to get a good credit score. Your class has been very enjoyable and very interesting because of the people in our class hour. Thank you for being patient with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  37. i have learned the best way in financially planning and maintaining my life as a whole. the insurance area i loved because no matter what you need insurance and coverage on everything. i loved financial letteracy thanks

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have learned to do all sorts of stuff with my check book and deposits slips also i have learned how to invest my money in the right ways and how to present myself for a job interview and all the tips i need to know for job interviewing

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have learned that in oder to get where i want to be in life i have to work hard and that starts out by goals. which all moves into paying bills owning a house, what types of insurance i will need in the future. Money doesn't just grow on trees its something that has to be worked for and should be kept like a preacious gem.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I learned alot about money,car buying,and banking things i didnt know anything about at all. It was overall a fun class and had some good times in there. Its a class that will help you in the real world with real situations and im glad i know what i learned in there now. we went over alot of things that covered you finacialy and will help you in housing car payments and such. We also went over interveiwing which was one of my favorite parts because we dressed up and had to get a real interveiw and things like that. Its a overall fun and exciting class to take.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I learned that its always good to balance your check book. I learned that there is some much work that goes into getting a car.I learned that if its to good to be true then it probably is!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I learned a lot more about buying a house when I really didn't know how it worked before. I also learned more about financial planning in general when I didn't know a lot of things about ways to save money and budgeting. I learned a lot about buying cars and how that all works too. I've also learned more about insurance even though there's still a lot I don't understand. I can still recognize things now and have some smarts as to watch out for things that will get me into trouble. I won't lie and say I learned a lot about everything because I didn't. I blame the class I was in. It was really hard to concentrate on the important things, but I still picked up on a lot of things I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  43. that test was brutal just to let you know, well i did learn allot in your class even if i was a pain. i learned that if you have a credit card or just money in general you need to be carful and make good dessition. bye it was fun having your class, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  44. I must say that I simply loved this class, it was amazing. I just can't get enough of financial literacy, infact, I think I'll do it my whole life. I just with that it had been a class when I was a freshman so that I could have taken it all four years. I learned all about why not to crash into people, and that if you think your parents are going to die you should get them life insurance. Have fun teaching it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I learned about debt snow ball. Where you pay off a debt then, move the payment for that debt to then next, ect. I also learned that the longer the loan the more you pay because of interest.
    Melissa Strawn

    ReplyDelete
  46. i have learned stuff about the banking and the checking and how to invest my money in the right ways also how to present my self in an interview and the little tips that can help me in an interview...

    ReplyDelete
  47. i learned a lot about my values and managing money. i also learned how to buy a stock and how to work credit. i think i will use my values the most in my life, like only buying what i need and not what i want. it will help me out a lot in life because up to date if i seen it and had the money i would buy it no matter what and you changed me thank you so much Ms. Lemmon i hope your summer is GR8 kayden kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  48. Credit. If you use a credit card to buy some that you want right away and you do not have, the money to get the item. Do not get the item if you do not need it. IF you do get the item on the credit card
    if you do not pay it off right away, in the long run it will cost more in the fist place. Some items price will go down if you whit for it and you can just pay for it cash.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have learned some stuff about credit and how to invest my money from my family. I also leanred some tips for buying stock and managing my money so i get the most out of it.

    ReplyDelete