Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where have you learned about money?

Where have you previously learned about money? What kinds of things have you been taught about money? (Elaborate) What are the areas you feel most ignorant about when it comes to money, and that you would like to learn more about? Why?
(Please use proper English).

69 comments:

  1. In middle school, we had "Money Town", which tought us to balance check books, write checks, and so on. I have NOT learned to save it, and this is why im looking forward to your class. Hopefully i will learn to save a little more, and maybe not spend so much, especially the money i dont nessecarily have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents have tried telling me how to be conservative on money. I've been taught not to over spend or waste money on useless things. I would like to learn about how to conserve my money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to a meeting last night at Premerica. It teaches you how to be smart with money and make the right choices on the things you need and the things you don't. My parents have also told me to be careful. I learned in class too. I have been told in many ways. I want to learn how to be careful when it comes to medical and life insurance, so that I don't make a stupid choice and loose money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my previous learning in money was probably in eighth grade. I don't exactly remember anything that i was taught either. Areas that i feel most ignorant about with my money is probably my food money. I have money out of every check that i use to buy food and i really don't like spending it on anything else. I would like to learn more about my credit and how it can effect me when i am older..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i learned about money from having money what i want to learn more about is how to make more faster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've learned about money by just watching my family and paying for snacks, drinks, and games when we go shopping or just on the way to and from work.

    I've learned some of the basic terms and a little bit about checks and cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of what I have learned about money is from my mom. My mom taught me the basics about how to manage money. I would like to learn more about how you buy houses and cars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my mother told me not to spend money on stupid stuff. and watch how i spend it

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I think about money, I always think about how my dad tells me that i need to put half of it into my bank account. I think that saving is a huge deal that not very many people do anymore. They just think they can put it on a debt card. I've learned that you have to work for your money so value it and save it, instead of spending everytime it gets handed to you. I would like to learn more about saving bonds and saving account and a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned about money first from my parents and then from school funtions that helped us learn how it feels to really live the world. I don't understand about credit, about what to do when you invest in things. Those are the things I would like to learn more about and how to be smart with your money so that when I become an adult I won't be completley ignorant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom has tried to teach me over the years by just letting me watch her balance her checkbook and make the checks out for the bills. Money is limited most the time and if you can balance it correctly there is still some left over for fun. I'm ignorant about most all of it even though I try not to be. I think if its in the account and my bills are paid its there for spending. I would like to learn more about budgeting my own money better so I can actually save. Because I couldn't save more then fifty dollars without spending it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learned about money from school. I was taught about the benefits of saving money and how it will help you in the long run. I also learned a little about debt. I would like to learn more about taxes and all that stuff just so that I know why they take out the money that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My parents have me most of the stuff i know about money. They taught me how to balnce a check book and how to write checks. I would like to learn how to save my money more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Listening to my parents mostly. My brother has also ttold me alot, but apparantly not enough because i didnt get 100% sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My oldest brother and his wife have been buggeting there money. That its not all fun and games you have to use it in a responsible way. Why its so confusing and that im excited to be learning things i didnt know so i can teach my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My family has taught me some things about money. My mom taught me how to keep track of my money and save some in a checking and savings account. My family talks about money a lot so I learn from their mistakes and try to understand what they try to tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I learn about money from my parents. They told me to be careful and make sure i save my money so i can spend it on important things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. my parnets and other older people like my grandparnets.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have learned that you can get almost nothing with out money. My parents have taught me how to run a banking system and how to save money. One thing I want to learn is how to be more responsible with my money because I have a tendency to spend money as soon as I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My dad always talks to me about money. But I would have to say that I learned more by watching TV. My problem is that I will save money, then I will go to a store and see something I realy like. I don't have enough self control so I spend my money. I would like to learn more on Managing my money.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Money has always been an important thing to me. I have had to learn about saving money since I was very little. I have also learned about saving money from school functions, and family. Getting a bank account was one of the best ways to learn about saving money, even though its not that easy to when there is a Maverick across the street.

    ReplyDelete
  22. my dad thought me about money with game money as we went over out family budget. and i don't know like any thing about credit score and crdit cards. and i would just like to learn how to budget my money and how much i should spend on a house and sutff

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't learned a whole lot about money. Most of what I learned was from the class I had to take in Junior High and then of course talking with my parents a bit. I know how to save and all about banking accounts for the part. But I'm pretty ignorant about most of it. Especially the things that have to do with house and car payments. My parents payed off the mortgage for our house long before I even thought about asking them about it, so I'm not entirely sure how that works out. But there are a lot of things stil that I feel I need to learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I first learned about money from my mother, but now i know more from other places. I may not budget well but I get by.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I learn about money now that i live with my dad...He has a bank card an checks an all that dumb adult stuff. Last year i was taught how to write checks in Mrs. Wingfields math class. I feel most ignoarnt as you say with all the math junk because i just don't care about it....and because i keep getting told i'll need to know about it in the future. Blah Bah Blah

    Signed,
    Tanielle Bagby

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have not really leaned all that much stuff,about money; even though I do have a job and everything, all I do is hold onto the money, give about 100.00 to the mom's, and then the rest I just blow it, and go crazy. I would like to learn how to get a account and start saving up for more better and useful things for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  27. my parents tried to teach me about money but i really never understood it. its a bit confusing. i have a hard time keeping track of my money but someday ill learn. i hope this class teaches me alot.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have learned over the years that if you can conserve your money and spend it wisely, your money will last a lot longer. Also if you put ten dollars in the bank every month for ten years, your interest rate will double your money.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i have learned more about mony form sevrel things on the inter net and form my parents, some things im ingnorant about mony is im not very good at saveing mony something i want to learn about mony is what i need to do so that i can get taxes. i think i need to learn this so that i can do my taxes right and i get my monyies worth

    ReplyDelete
  30. when i was like twelve i got my own savings account and checking account and learned how checks work. my mom has also taught me somethings about how she budgets our money. i recently learned that by getting a credit card now i can start building my credit. i would like learn more of how to manage my money and put it into things that will earn more money and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  31. At money town in middle school, and my parents try to teach me somethings. how to save and how much to spend. i am ignorant obout keeping track of my money and what i do with it. iwould like to learn more about all of the expenses my parents take care of that i don't care about, so then i can know what to do in the real world when i move out.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have learned a little bit about money growing from my dad. He has helped my save and spend my money wisely. What I dont know is how much to set aside for like a house, car, or insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I learned how to save money from my mom and dad. I have alot of payments and i have to buget every month.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have learned about money from my parents mostly. They have taught me how to save and how to spend my money on things i need before things i want. I dont know alot about credit or loans though.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I learned about how money works by having my truck and having all my tickets and also hitting a deer it showed me how insurance worked and also working and saving money in the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  36. My parents have taught me how to save money. They helped me get a savings account and manage money.You need to use money wisely and not waste it. You should save for important things in life like college, a house and, a car. But i don't know much about getting a loan and its payments, smartly investing or, how to stay on a budget.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've learned the most about money from my mom. I've learned how to make a deposit and withdraw but thats about it. I would like to learn as much as possible about money

    ReplyDelete
  38. I learned about money through my grandmother, and my mother. I want to learn how to be smart with my money, and safe ways in investing it. I would like to learn about good decisions in financial decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  39. In junior high we went to reality town and learned how to write checks and balance out all of our different payments. My parents have taught me how to save money and what some good things are to spend money on. The places i feel like i don't really know anything about money in is probably insurance stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have learned about money mostly from my parents. I dont know a whole lot about having to make payments my parents pay for everything for me.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I leaened how to be careful with my money when i got a job and a truck payment

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have learned about money from my parents. They have taught me to make good decisions when it comes to spending my money. I have learned how to balance a check book and how to make deposits and withdraw from an account. I would like to learn all i can about money.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I learned from having a job of my own and trying to pay my own bills and my mom thought me to save it and how to use a check book and a debet card and opened me a bank acount to help me learn how to use money the right way. And she tells me that is hard and that it is something you have to learn in life.

    ReplyDelete
  44. i learned about money through my parents and own experiences. I want to learn as much as i can about money. i would like to know the best ways to invest your money for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have learned about money through my parents. I have been taught to save money, but i don't always do it. I have been taught to use my money wisely and responsibly and buy what I need and save the rest so I can have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I first learned about money in Jr. High school when we did reality town. I have also learned about money from my parents of course. I have been taught about checking accounts and how to balance your check book and things like that. I want to learn more about saving bonds and saving accounts and how to be smart with your money. I think that being smart with your money is the most important thing about money so I want to learn everything I possibly can so I can become that way.

    ReplyDelete
  47. My family has tought me alot bout money, like wat to spend it on an things.But when i had a job of my own i never put money away because i didn't think i would have needed it.I hate spending money on things i dont need unless i really need it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I have learned about money through my parents the most. I have been taught that money doesn't just grow on trees, that you need to save and only spend money on the things that you need, but that you also need some fun money some times to keep you from going totally insane. I would have to say that when it comes to money I feel the most ignorant when it comes to dealing with bonds, the stock market. But most everything else I have learned from my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I learned about money from my mom. She tells me to save it or not to spend it on stuff thats not important. I feel most ignorant about everything that deals with money

    ReplyDelete
  50. i have learned alot about money through my life from my family. I know what to spend my money on. I would like to know more about mortage loans and interest rates on things

    ReplyDelete
  51. I've always been told to conserve my money, but never really been taught how. I would like to learn how to conservemy funds, and also learn how to save money on things like insurance, and how to get the best car payment.

    ReplyDelete
  52. my parents have taught me everything i know about saving and spending money they've taught me how to save portions of my checks and other things and manage my bank account..but i still don't know enough about it to be able to make it on my own

    ReplyDelete
  53. i learend from my mom that you need to spend money on what you need, instead of what you want. she also told me to check the prices instead of just gtting things and to go to other stores and compare. then go buy the one that is chepper but still good.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I learned about money mostly from my parents. I haven't really learned much about budgeting my money.I have learned more in the last year then in my whole life. I am probably the most ignorant about how much money that I have. As soon as I get money, I usually go and spend it all on clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I learned about money when i was on the rez you have to save if you want something thats what my grandma and grandpa used to say to me and to use my money wisely

    ReplyDelete
  56. I think that i first learned about money was in middle school, when we did money town. we had to learn about how to write checks and how to keep track of it. Also my parents have showed me that you have to earn money, you just dont just get it handed to you. I think that the most important thing to know about money is to save it and to keep track of it because if you spend it on something dumb you will not have it for something more important.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I have learned about money through school a little bit and through my parents. I have been taught about budgeting a little bit as well as how checks work. I have also learned a little bit about how saving accounts work. I don't really know very much about retirement and stock marketing but I would like to figure out what they are all about. Also I think that it would be nice to learn about interest rates and loans.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I have learned about money through my parents, watching them pay checks and using money that I have earned. I feel that I dont really need to spend money on entertainment items because they can be a distraction and a expence to your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  59. everything i know about finances i learned either just by myself or from my parents. i like to save my money i made it a point to save exactly halformore than half of every pay check i got all summer long.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I think it was last year when I took accounting, that is where I recently learned about money. I've learned about the costs of maintaining a buisness and such although I can hardly remeber it. I know what I'm ignorant about but I can't put it into words, it's about earning more cash. I would like to know about everything since I don't understand it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  61. My Parents have taught me most the things i have learned about money. like saving it and not spending it on useless and meaningless things. The thing i want to learn more about is Managing Money.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I have been taught by my parents. They have taught me how to save my money and how to keep a good credit score on my loans. I don't know most of the technical terms that are used in the world when it comes to money and the different things that it can represent. I am also not sure how to file taxes and what to expect on tax returns.

    ReplyDelete
  63. my parents teach me how to manage my money. when they started their business they had to start doing a lot of their own banking which helps alot

    ReplyDelete
  64. I have learned some stuff about checking and investing money. I learned alot of stuff about house payments from my parents. I also learned alot of stuff about car payments from having to pay them on my car.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I have learned money most from family experiences. Some experiences are good and some are bad. I've also learned from a friend, on how to budget. Although, I don't do a very good job at that, It's a smart thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  66. i have learned about money mostly from my parents. i haven't learned alot about money or financing it! but i am espescilly ignorant about saving it!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I have learned about money over the last two years because my brothers have gone on Church Missions and so my mom didnt want to have us not knowing what we were doing so she has counciled us.

    ReplyDelete
  68. All of my life i've been taught to save my money. I've also realized recently with money, it can seem very complicated. With all of the payments you have to pay and trying to avoid falling into the pit falls of debt. I have watched my parents and how they manage our money. This year i would really like to learn more about how good and bad credit works, and how to manage and balance a check book.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I have learned about money from my parents. They have always taught me to save at least 20 % of what ever i earn. They have taught me how to balance a check book, and check my accounts online. They have taught me the importance and the worth of a dollar, and that you have to work hard to earn what you get. My parents have taught me everything i know about money, spending, and saving.

    ReplyDelete