Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Welcome to Financial Literacy!

I'm excited to be teaching this class once again. I want to find out some of the things you already know about finance before we get started.

For this blog post, just tell me one or two things your family has taught you about money.

Please remember to use correct grammar. To post please use the Comment As- Name/URL option at the bottom of the page. Please post your comment using your first name and an initial if needed. Your comment will not appear until after I have reviewed it.

72 comments:

  1. hmmm lets see to spend it wisely and buy the things that i need not that i want and to save for things that i will need for later in life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents have taught me to spend money very carfully because you never know when you will have a problem and need money to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents helped me to get a savings account, so I know a little bit about how that works. I also have to help make car payments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They taught me to spend money on my credit card, but as soon as I charge it, I pay off my credit bill to build up my credit score.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents taught me to spend my money wisely and not to blow it on anything I don't need. I also learned how to manage my money and know wha I need and don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my parents tried to teach me how to save money and i had to buy my own vehicle

    ReplyDelete
  7. um i really dont no nothing bout cars morgages or bank paperz but it was hard and ima try to pass his class 4 my football team so i coud contune playing

    ReplyDelete
  8. My parents taught me the importance of saving my money for the future. They told me that if I would be patient I would have plenty of money for my future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanna coast off of my parents accomplishments and their money my whole life.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do not spend all your money on inconsequential things. Save your money in a bank, not a little piggy one, you do not get interest that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have learned to spend my money wisely and not buy things that I don't need. I've learned that I need to not spend more money then I have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My parents have tought me to spend my money carefully and to always keep some saved for emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my dad has taught me how to manage the money i pay in entry fes as well as the money i win and how to keep a record of it for each event rodeo by rodeo

    ReplyDelete
  14. My parents taught me that a dollar earned is worth more than a dollar that is borrowed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. untill Mrs. lemon-kitchen teachers me the right way to do stuff

    ReplyDelete
  16. My parents taught me to put a certain amount of money away in savings every time I earned some, and that managing my money was important.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my parents taught me to buy all the things i need and save the rest of the money. . .haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My parents taught me to spend wisely, only get something I'd absolutely need, and keep money saved up for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My parents have taught me to stay out of debt, or if I am in debt, to have an expected income to come so I can make sure I don't stay in debt. They also have taught me that I should save money so I can get things I need, rather than what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Spend your money Wisely

    ReplyDelete
  21. they tot me how to not to spend my money on stupid stuff

    ReplyDelete
  22. My parents have taught me how to look for bargains when shopping and what takes priority when factoring into a budget.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My parents taught me how to work hard for my money and to be responsible when i do need to buy things. They aslo taught me a little bit about finances and how to spend my money wisely and only buy the things i need

    ReplyDelete
  24. my parents told me to do what ever i want. its my money so its my choice what i do with it!!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  25. To watch what i spend my money on. And Not Use It For Stupid Things!

    ReplyDelete
  26. it tot me to spend money wisley

    ReplyDelete
  27. My mom taught me to save up and spend only what i need

    ReplyDelete
  28. put some of your money a way because you will never know when you'll need it buget your money often make sure that u always have plenty of money in the bank and never mooch of of people

    ReplyDelete
  29. uhh, they just said do what i want cause its my money. maybe i will learn how to save in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Not to spend it on stuff that i dont need

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stephany Custer-UmphenourAugust 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM

    My family has taught me to only spend my money on what I need and not what I want and to save for in times of need.

    ReplyDelete
  32. my parents showed me by not buying me anything. so yeah i know how to spend money and not blow it off on stupid things that i dont need.

    ReplyDelete
  33. To know what i'm spending it on and why and if its a good reason

    ReplyDelete
  34. my parents showed me how to spend my money wisely. and not blow it on different things.

    ReplyDelete
  35. They taught me how to use checks and debit cards

    ReplyDelete
  36. My parents taught me to spend money wisely, and watch what you spend on or how much you spend. So you won't go into debt and be in trouble with money already so young.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gaidge
    wow this test was harder than expected hopefully by the end of the year i will be able to say this class taught me how to manage most finaces

    ReplyDelete
  38. save your money you never no when you'll need it

    ReplyDelete
  39. My parent's taught me that to always spend your money on things that you need to have first and then get whatever I want last.

    ReplyDelete
  40. My parents have taught me to save my money for things that i will need later in life. And to spend my money wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  41. they have taught me to save up my moeny for the future, and for things I need really.

    ReplyDelete
  42. My parents says that we dnnt gotta spend money in things taht probably we are not gnna use or not gonna need

    ReplyDelete
  43. My parents have taught me to only buy stuff that will help me, and to save for stuff that you will need later in life

    ReplyDelete
  44. My parents taught me not to spend my money on stupid things that i don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dylan Arnold BraithwaiteAugust 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM

    Use it wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  46. They taught me to invest in things that I know will help me gain money and also to save money

    ReplyDelete
  47. My parents have taught me to use a envelope balance budget and to avoid credit cards as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  48. To make sure im spending my money on my "needs' not my "wants"

    ReplyDelete
  49. spend only what i have and to use wisely

    ReplyDelete
  50. My parents have taught me to be careful with money. Also to only get the things i need and not just what i want.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Always save more then you spend!

    ReplyDelete
  52. My parents have taught me to spend my money on things that i need and to save the rest for other things.

    ReplyDelete
  53. they taught me to not spend my money on things i dont need so i can save money

    ReplyDelete
  54. to save it for college and things i may need in life

    ReplyDelete
  55. My parents taugt me to make budgets.

    ReplyDelete
  56. My mother has taught me to put 10% into savings, and avoid credit cards.

    ReplyDelete
  57. My rents have taught me how to budget my money. They also have told me to save my money and not spend it on stupid things.

    ReplyDelete
  58. My parents haven't told me much about that so this is new for me.

    ReplyDelete
  59. My parents have taught me that when I charge stuff on to my credit card I need to have it paid off to get a good credit score. To try and save money to go toward my future.

    ReplyDelete
  60. My parents always tell me to save my money. Not to just spend it on stuff that you don't need or is useless. They tell me not to use debit cards at first cause I always just blow my money without thinking so they always tell me to keep track of it and not use credit cards on stuff that you can't afford. If you don't have the cash and extra money for it then don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  61. my parents have taught me to put 20% into savings and only use it for an emergency

    ReplyDelete
  62. Skywalker Riley HuberAugust 26, 2010 at 12:11 PM

    I've been told before that money can be made and money can be spent. Work is the way to get this, along with schooling and other important factors. Though I don't really know anything about financing except if you don't pay on certain things you can get in trouble for it. That's why I am in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  63. They have always told me Money is not the way to be happy but can still make life more easy.. And always spend it n the things i need never the things i want..

    ReplyDelete
  64. money isn't all that important when and family needs food insted of saving it buy some food and that if you have food on the table and a roof over your head you should be happy ^.^.....

    ReplyDelete
  65. I have always placed 50% of what I make in a savings acount. We have a garden and we don't eat out a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  66. to not spend a lot of it. put most of it on savings for future purposes

    ReplyDelete
  67. my parents have taught me to put money away in savings and to keep a tight budget.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I pay for everything myself. gas, car, and phone. it has taught me how to keep a wise bugdet. and they have also taught me all about credit scores and how to get good credit so i will pay less on house and money crap in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. My parents have taught me to save my money. Also to when I'm shopping to look around and look for the best deals that i can find.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Brandon Ross said,
    my family taught how to save money, they also taught me to be a smart shopper and to price things the right way. from the smallest price to the highest price.

    ReplyDelete
  71. My father taught me to make the best chose. The best way that I shop is to go for the stuff that is on sail and don't go for full price, but if its cheep than it being on sail go for it. But always go for the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  72. My parents taught me how to save and set me up a savings account, they also taught me how to spend money wisely.

    ReplyDelete