Monday, February 14, 2011

Tips on living cheaply

I've shared lots of ideas in class with you on ways to make your money go further. Now I'd like you to add to these with some ideas of your own. It needs to be different from anything we talked about in class, and different from any other students' ideas.

To post a comment, click on the link with the number of comments. Type your idea in the box. Post it using the Name/URL option. Please put in your first name and an initial if needed. Leave the URL blank. Once I've had a chance to approve it, it will appear on the blog.

17 comments:

  1. One way to save money and make it go further is by not waisting things. Some examples are turning lights off when they are not needed, use sunlight during the day. Do not waiste water, turn it off when you do not need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly L.W.
    My idea to save money is to plan out your meals for the week. If you know what you are fixing each night you can see where you can use those extra pieces of chicken, or that leftover hamburger that is in the fridge. This way you will not waste food and you don't have to keep replacing the food that you eat ( or don't eat). You have a full stomach and a full pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To save money I will pledge to eat Taco Bell $2.00 meal deals, as they come with a taco/burrito, chips and a good sized drink. This will save me lots of money in the long run as eating a Wendy's or McDonald's meal cost $6.00 or more. Of course this will work when I am working in Vernal, but I usually only eat fast food when I'm working and don't feel like making a lunch. This is my idea to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. low flow toilets and low flow shower heads, they reduce the amount of water a house hold uses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well....
    if you could save the big bills you get and only spend the small bills like $5O's or less! then you would save tons and tons of money buying only the things you need with the small bills! and using the big money for bills that need to be payed! it's not hard to not buy things you dont need!! just avoid them! and stick to a list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say, probably plan out your meals weekly, limiting when you eat out. A good one that usually works for me is don't spend money on things you don't need. Such as excessive amounts of your favorite things. Asks yourself while shopping if you really need it, if it will fill it's use, and if you know it will not be wasted. Also after shopping you could put your change in a jug, letting it build up over time. Maybe when you have a clean house day (ours is once a week), pick through the things you don't use and throw them out, knowing you'll never use them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have to go with when I go to the bank, to save money I will only take out the amount I need, and not take out more than I need so that Im not spending my money on impulse buys :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big money saver for me would be not letting my car heat up as long as i do in the winter. By doing this I would save more gas and i could go longer without getting fuel. I would say letting your car heat up 5 minutes at the most would be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ummmm...just one way buy just saving money is having to be smart about were you are using your money and how you are spending it. Now I was shoping the other day (shoes and Shirts) well i was going to get some pretty nice shoes at the mall and my mother would'nt let me she said it was to much. So i was on my labtop the other night and i seen the same pair of shoes for about $30 cheaper. Now thats how i leared how to save money on clothes and what not.THE END ha;p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some ways that you can save mon is not buying extra food and not using and it ends up getting thrown away so only buy what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a major problem with drinking pop excessively. So my solution is to not buy as much soda at school. It's a dollar and twenty-five cents that can go towards something else. Also I let the bank withdrawl $25 a month into my savings so I don't have to worry about it later. Bringing a school lunch is a lot cheaper than going out to eat everyday as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. my fantastic money saving tip is to eat out less.. you can eat cheaper and more healthy if you stay at home and cook something than if you go out to eat. also when you do go out to eat it will be more special because you dont go that often. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. well i used to buy candy all the time, but it started getting really pricey. so i haven't been buying candy so much. but not buying candy has saved me a lot of money. too much candy is not good but it also saves you a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went with a $5,000 Subaru. It has 110,500 miles, which is lower then the average for a 2001. I picked this car because it is All Wheel Drive which is very important in the winter. It has custom rims, a sunroof, C.D. player and car alarm. It also comes with the power package. All of these are a nice bonus and I can afford it for under $400 a month. In real life I could afford this car and it think it would be a good pick. Subaru's are very reliable cars but I personally would like a newer car. I think this car would be a good pick for the budget given. I was shocked to learn how high insurance is and will probably have my parents insure my car for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For me saving money is easy. All I have to do is put it in the bank. I only got it out if it is very important. It is important for me to save my money because I have my own livestock business. So I have to keep tract of my things. And all I do is keep track of it on excel. And with that It is easy for me to do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Easy ways to save money for me is just go home for lunch. you dont need to eat out every day. You also dont need to spend money on things you dont really need, you just want. Another thing, when you go to the store you dont need to buy the best to ensure quality.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are many ways to curb your expenses one way is to eat cheaply don't go out to eat. top roman is about 30 cents a bag and it can become the bases of some great cheap meals that are very filling. for those of us with a little more expensive tasts there always the money jar. millions of americans loose about 15 percent of there income do to loss of loos change its amazing how each penny can make a difference. from personal experience i can tell you when I put every penny of mine in a jar I actually saved a hundred dollars in just a year makeing less than minumum wage at a job where I only worked 2 days a week!

    ReplyDelete