Friday, October 7, 2011

Virtual Car

Tell me about the car you "bought." What kind of car did you buy and what year was it? What features were "necessaries" for you? What was the total cost per month of this car? Would you be able to afford this car in real life right now? What were your deductibles on the auto insurance? Would you be comfortable having this high of a deductible? Why or why not? What did you learn from this assignment?

22 comments:

  1. I bought a 01' Acura CL. Necessary Features were air conditioning and 4 wheel drive. The total cost per month was $118. No I would not be able to afford this car because I do not have a job. My deductibles were both $1,000. Probably not because I do not have that much money just lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 01 Honda Civic. Power locks! Small car Gets 35 mpg Highway. 207.46 monthly. this car is affordable for me. my deductibles were 500$ a low deductible means i need to drive safe:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my car was a chevorlet silverado 1500 year 2000. out of the 400 dollars i had per car payments, i had to spend 319.10 so i think i did good in my choice. it was kinda confusing working on those different sites though and especially how ms. lemmon-kitcken couldn't help everyone at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased a 2001 Acura TL, most of the features on it were actually not necessary (such as the heated leather seats, power sunroof, and the steering stereo). The one feature that I really would've liked, was manual transmission. The total cost of this car per month was $300.42. I would probably be able to afford this car in real life, if I had a higher paying job. As of right now, I would not be able to pay off this car in two years. Both my comprehensive and collision deductibles were $1000. I would be not very comfortable with this high of a deductible, I definitely would prefer it to be smaller. It would be very hard to come up with $1000 dollars out of my own pocket, with my current financial position.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a Honda Accord 2002. It has a power windows, multi cd player, leather seats, a sun roof, and gets 23 miles to the gallon. It is automatic and and is in really good shape. The total cost of this car per month was $312.26. I would probably be able to afford this car right now in my life if i worked full time but I'm still in school and working park time. On both of my deductibles they were $1000 each. $1000 dollars is okay it would be hard to just pull it out of my pocket but if it makes the Premium lower than it makes it better. Just have to be a safe driver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a toyota camry. It may not be the best looking car but I could afford it with a little extra money to spend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I purchased a lincoln Town Car. Its a nice car and has a V8 engine. Has lots of room and looks comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a 2001 Mazda Protege.
    It had 120,000 miles on it.
    I had it automatic, and made sure all the stuff worked in it. I could not afford it right now. My deductibles was 500 dollars I was fine with that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The car I bought was a Ford Mustang. I could have got it a lot cheaper on my insurance if it wasn't a convertible, but i am happy with the purchase i made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a 2001 Mazda Protege. I made sure it was automatic and all the stuff in it was fully functional with no problems. Couldn't afford it. My deductibles were 500$, and it's fine. :)It's okay because...it's low I guess idk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet car03 Subaru Impreza WRX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ramon Santos bought a Honda Civic '03

    ReplyDelete
  13. I purchased a 2001 Honda Civic LX, it needed to be a manual and have front wheel drive, it also had to get good gas mileage. This car gets 35+ on the highway. It costs about $134 per month with a $147 deductible. Currently I could probably afford this car but I wouldn't have much money left over for other things. The deductible was a little higher than I wanted to pay but I would be fairly comfortable paying it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got a honda accord 02' with a v6, leather seats, everything nearly operated by power, with cruise control and a sun roof. 119,000 miles, I only wanted leather seats and a cd player with a v4 for an engine. Although consumer reports said I should expect to pay 7,505 I was able to get a car with a v6 and all the extra features for only 5,950. My loan will only cost 148.07 a month but my car insurance will cost me 179.27 per month

    ReplyDelete
  15. I purchased a 2001 Ford Focus, the features that I wanted were a cd player, power windows, i'm not very needy when it comes to features. The cars cost $126.69 per month, and the insurance is $166.67, making the total $293.36. Yes I would be able to afford this car in my current condition, but not with much money to spare. Both my deductibles are $500 each. Yes I'm fine with holding this deductible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. got a 01 ford f-150 brings out the color of my eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I choose a Ford Focus 05. The monthly payment amount was 161.09 and the insurance was 156.97 that adds up to 318.06. Which makes it a pretty affordable car.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bought a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and I am happy about my saving on this vehicle i came out pretty good under the budget.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got a 2001 Ford F150 with 117,159 miles it has a V6 and its 2WD and its an Automatc Transmission it has power windows power and power locks it has cruise control and a CD player and it will only cost me $99.42 a month and only $194.97 a month for insurance so i got a good deal

    ReplyDelete
  20. I chose a 2001 chevrolet prizm. its less then 4,000 dallors. The reason why i chose this car is cause im not a very picky person as long as it gets me to where im going. And the car is in very good chape for being a 2001 model. It holds up to 5 people and runs great. I pay 74.53 a month.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mine was a poniac grand am se year 2003. I like the car i have chosen . It has nice seats . It has a cd player /radio . It has air conditioning . Airbags , Power lock , Power steering ,Power windows , Cruise control and Steel wheels. Its in good shape its a nice care . And it will carry five people . It drives awesome . It cost 1,990 . The mileage was ok . Its a Automatic .Color is red . And the fuel is Gasoline. And i probably would pay it off the day i bought it because it is cheep.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I bought a 01 Mazda Protege, had power steering, power brakes, bucket seats, cd player, automatic transmission. My monthly payment was 126.69 my insurance premium was 164.70. My deductibles were both 1000 dollars.

    ReplyDelete