Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Super Saving Strategies

In class we've been talking about lots of ways to make your money stretch further.  Now I want to hear what you have to add.  What is a money stretching strategy you or your family use?  I'm not talking about how you put money in a jar, but rather how you find ways to cut your expenses?  It needs to be a  new idea that somebody else hasn't already posted or one that I didn't share with you in class.  

Please post using the name/URL option.  Include only your first name or a first name and last initial.  Remember that I need to review your comment before it will appear on the blog.

16 comments:

  1. I am trying to save money this winter by using our wood stove as much as possible so the furnace doesn't have to run as often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I save money by buying car parts online i just got a part that would have costed be $120 at the parts store for $80 on ebay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family has saved money by learning to do simple fix-ups around the house and on the cars by ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and my family save money by only going to the store when we have money for it and we have specific things that we need to buy. We don't just go to the store for fun or just to look and see what is there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think collecting coupons is the best way to save money, considering it can save you over a hundred dollars when buying food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. save money by turning off stuff that you are not useing. when its day time leave the lights off and if you are not in that room turn off the lights, dont buy stuff you wont use. shower once a day if possible and make it quick. (hope i did this good)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recently I wanted to upgrade my sound system by buying a bigger amplifier to power my subwoofers a lot more then they are now. So I usually go to eBay or amazon to check prices so I get the lowest price possible. I also went to the HTC Center in Vernal and the guy wanted $800 for it and when I looked on eBay I found it for $450. I bought it and now I can look forwards to a future with no hearing ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since all of us are seniors now, graduation is coming and we have to buy our caps and gowns(I'm not sure if that's how you spell it though. So to rent them from school they cost 45 $ + shipping, and to buy them online they are 26 $, so that's a good way to save some money seniors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family goes out to softball and volleyball tournaments just about every weekend. So we try to save money by packing coolers with drinks and snacks whenever we go to the tournaments. Instead of eating out every meal for the two to three days we're there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Family saves money on trips to see our sister by buying tickets way in advance or super quick to make sure we get a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to save money this winter by using my car as little as possible, I now will walk to places instead if they are a short distance away. This will save me a lot of money by not having to spend it all on gas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a little brother who is 10 1/2 months old and he eats A LOT!!! So instead of going to the store every 2 weeks we go to Sam's Club every little while and buy a lot of formula and baby food there and is much cheaper there than here and we also just share some of our food with him. It's a big saver for my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a family we are trying to save money on our electric bill. We are doing this by limiting the time we spend using our electronic devices, such as our T.V.'s and our gaming systems. And when we do use them we try to share rather than having several systems on at once. Then when we finish we make sure to turn them all off as not to waste energy when these things aren't being used (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though we have open campus lunch, sometimes it can be very expensive to eat out every day. So I save my money by just going home to eat instead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. saving coupons from the nickleadds and newspapers you can save more money by buying things but getting them fro a lesser price then you will have more money to buy different things that you might need

    ReplyDelete
  16. Watch what I spend and only spend what's I absolutely need to spend my money on and also trying to drive less

    ReplyDelete