Monday, March 11, 2013

How was the baby?

Tell us about your experience with the baby.   How did the baby make you feel?  Do you feel ready to be a parent?  Tell us about any interesting experiences you had. 

32 comments:

  1. I actually had a really good experience with the baby. I learner so much! I think the hardest part was figuring out how the robot baby worked. I think would be so much easier to figure out a real live breathing baby that actually closes his eyes while he is asleep. I am absolutel sure that I will never have a baby until I am mature and married. It is a huge responsiblity and its way to much of a commitment for a 15 year old. But I would take the baby again if I had to. The human emotions that you are expected to show to a robot are insane. Its like you get attatched to the baby because of all the emotion that you direct twards the baby. But over all I had a great experience. It was all I bought it was going to be and more. Haha! I had a great time and do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a alot of fun with the baby. He didn't really do anything at all. He slept most of the time except Sunday night. Then he would not sleep at all. Having to take care of the baby made me want one more than I already do. My baby was really good. There really isn't anything bad that happened with my experiment. Having to wake up every night to feed and change the baby didn't bother me because if it was my own child i wouldn't care at all. Having to stay in on the weekends didn't bother me as much either for the same reason. If it was my child i wouldn't care at all. I didn't care to take the time or stop what im doing to take of the baby. This actually was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I had a lot of fun with this baby and wish I could have one of my own. Even though I'm waiting for a stable home and relationshiip. I will always put my child first. This was a great experience of how much I would have to give up to take care of the child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm defiantly sure I'm not ready to have a baby. I've learned alot with that baby. the sleep thing was a big downer with school it was hard but I liked it.ill never underestimate my mother Instincts again though i woke up every time it cried. The one night it didn't sensor it just cried and cried. I couldn't do anything but cry with it. I got really paranoid when i didn't have it. Heard it everywhere even now i here it sometimes.i kinda wish I could kave kept it but all the same didnt.all in all I loved the experience it gave me thank you so mush Miss Lemon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because of those evil crying machines, I swore to never have kids! That stupid baby was this close to being thrown out a freaking window! I am still not sure to this day how I kept my cool with that monster and refrained from punching it in the face! Those stupid devil spawn are nothing like a real baby, which kind of defeats the whole purpose! The first night with that stupid baby was horrible because I couldn't figure out how to make it take its bottle! And I find it very stupid you have to guess what it needs when it cries. Real babies are not like that. You can usually tell what the baby needs by the way that they smell, look, or what their crying sounds like. I was always so paranoid when I was showering and sleeping that it would wake up, I swear I could hear it crying, even though I knew it wasn't. My last night was the worst because I had softball practice and the little devil started crying as soon as I was done. I was still trying to feed it and make it shut up when I was waiting a ride, that they couldn't see me,and so they left me! So I was stuck outside in the freezing cold with no idea how to get home because both of my parents and sister were working. But then a family full of kids in ea van pulled up asking if my baby and I needed a ride. I murmured a grateful yes. I climbed into their warm car, and noticed the shocked looks on their faces when they noticed, the baby wasn't real! I just had a nice laugh and told them after this, I would probably never have kids. That evil little monster baby caused me much grief and stress to the point of almost never having kids. If the kind of things I went through happen on a daily basis to mothers with their real babies, I think they are crazy! I could never do something so dreadful for the rest of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To tell you the truth i thought it was going to be easy. Boy o boy..... Was i wrong. all it did was cry and cry. And i had white boy number one and you have to hold his head at a perfect angle or it won't eat. and after a thirty minute feeding it wanted to be change. and i would forget to sincer it so i would have to change it a few times int'll the sinser went off and that was way annoying. I was so ready to bring back to school the next day. i was tired and sick of the crying. and even days after i could still here it cry. One time ah i felt so dumb i was slepping and i didnt have my baby, and i thought i heard it crying so got up and turend my light on and i didnt see the baby i was like "where did it go" i ran up stairs and then back down and then i realized i didnt even have my baby. And yeah serious thinking NOT wanting kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well honestly. Now that I look back on it, it wasn't to shabby. I mean there were a few times where it did stress me out. But all in all it wasn't to bad. I didn't like how much I couldn't go hang out thoe. I don't believe that I could handle having one of my own children at this point in my life. Probably not for the next 2-3 years of my life. My biggest problem with the baby was 2 things. The first thing was how long it took to eat. During the day it didn't bug me but during the middle of the night it drove me craz!. The 2nd thing was how long it took to burp! I'm not even kiddin! It took me from Talmage to my house. And then once we got back to my house it took me a Half hour! It also took me awhile to figure out how to get my bracelet to register! That was annoying. But other then that my experience wasn't to bad. However, it wasn't a piece of cake and I did feel restrained. I didn't like that. Which is enough for me to not do those kinds of things that cause pregnancy until I'm married. Thank you Mrs. Lemon-Kitchen for allowing me this realistic learning experience.(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked having the baby, it gave me a sense of responsibility. It was also very stressful trying to understand what it wanted. Especially when you just woke up and aren't thinking clearly. I think I will make a great parent based on my experience but not until I'm older and have a husband. The baby gave me a feeling of happiness and kept me on my toes. Every sound I thought the baby was crying. That was horrible. I think the hardest part about having the baby was that you had to go to school the next day. I managed though. Being a mother is probably the hardest job you could ever have, I hope to be one in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a pretty good experience for me to learn about how it would feel to have a real baby, but it did drive me crazy to wake up a lot at night to take care of the baby, it wasn't exciting at all.I don't think want a baby any time soon. It wouldn't be any fun to be a teen mom, I wouldn't have anytime free time for myself. I'm pretty sure I am not ready for a baby right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first I adored my little baby like it was a real one, but once night time came things changed. I woke up almost every half an hour just to feed the darn baby which took me almost an hour to do. I was extremely tired the next day. Then I had to go to my cousins baptism, EVERYONE stared at me funny like I was a teen mom it was TERRIBLE and embarrassing. I took super good care of that baby I did everything humanly possible that a real baby would need but for some reason I didn't get the best grade. I think I got several head tilts when I didn't even tilt the babies head once which is ridiculous I might say. The second night that I had to take care of this not so fabulous baby was so much better I didn't wake up five billion times just to give the baby a bottle or change the babies diaper or burp the baby or even just hold the baby. I only had to wake up 3 times which was amazing. That day was great too because it didn't cry very much so I could take a few naps here and there which felt fantastic. But then here comes the last night with this devil baby and in my head I was thinking okay its probably going to be just as good as last night. YAY! NO. This baby was like it just woke up from being in satins arms. It cried and cried and cried and cried and wouldn't stop crying I tried EVERYTHING. I started crying along with the baby because I wanted to sleep that ALL I wanted to do but thats exactly what the baby wasn't going to let me do. I was done. I wanted to give this baby over to someone new but sadly I could not.. I was about ready to die FINALLY at 4:30 in the morning I could get some sleep I lay down to get some rest and what felt like five minutes later my alarm started buzzing. I had to get ready for school with almost no energy to even do it. I got up anyways because I new thats what I had to do. I got in my car buckled the baby in its car seat and drove to school. WAHOO!! I got to get rid of this annoying never ending crying baby:) It was one of THE most exciting moments of my life!! Am I ready to have a baby?? NO WAY!! I want kids thats for sure but after I am all done with school and married to a wonderful handsome man not a teenager still going through high school it just won't be done! I wanted four kids but after taking care of this baby I am down to only wanted two babies.
    sincerely Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly was looking forward to this experience because I knew how much I would learn from it, and I truly did learn so much. The prospect of having a child always seems so exciting but you never take the time to realize how much work it truly takes to take care of that child. I learned that once you have a child your needs no longer matter because you have a young innocent life that depends on you for everything. It was hard to have to sacrifice all of my wants and needs for this baby. I couldn't go out or have fun like usual and that was really hard for me. Even doing homework became a challenge because they baby wouldn't be quiet long enough for you to finish anything. All in all I am so glad that I had this eye opening opportunity to show me just how stressful and scary parenting can truly be. I know that it will be a rewarding and wonderful experience when I am truly ready and able to take care of a baby, and I have the help of a spouse. This mostly showed me that I am grateful to still be a kid and live for myself and I am nowhere near ready to be a parent. And I will no rush into growing up and having a child before I've even had the chance to live for myself. I am glad to have learned these things for myself. It hasn't scared me away from having children but shown me the significance of being truly ready.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love kids.. but i didn't realize it would be soo hard.. normally babysitting is a breeze, but having a robot scheduled to eat, sleep, and 'go' when im doing something important.. like homework.. then forgetting about it because the baby is crying, or its sleeping and you just spaced it because it takes so much time.. i don't know how school or work is possible with a baby.. im seriously not having kids.. its a pain. im 15, i know im going to change my mind at least 300 times but im not ready for kids..



    -Shelby Affleck

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love kids I'm really good with them like if you see me with a kid I'm the best but this fake baby acted nothing like a really baby. Its acted like a little devil then a baby it sucked! I cry because its wouldn't excepted everything its sucked they acted nothing like a baby. It made me feel bad because I tired to take care of it like a really baby but every time I acted like it was a real baby but it wouldn't except every thing I cry every time it cry it sucked. and I'm only 15, I don't think I ever will be ready for a baby. Maybe one day I will be ready but after that fake baby I don't think I will ever be ready for a baby and I'm not going to have a baby tell I'm 26, or maybe older.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im definatly Not ready to have children, Like it was okay during the day. But at night, I love my sleep and i was barely getting any. It was terrible.. I feel for all the teen moms, or any moms, there amazing. Like i love kids, but im just not ready to have my own. I learned alot from that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Honestly at first I thought taking the baby home would be so much fun and so easy, which it was fun but it was in no way easy. The first couple of nights were hard, it was hard to give up the much sleep. I had to hold it just right for it to take the bottle, which was frustrating in more ways then one. I also hated the head tilting, mine would do the head tilt even when I wasn't touching. But all in all I can see that I'm totally not ready for a child just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was a very big experience for me. I have never realized how hard babies are until now. They are completely different then I thought and cry more then I expected. I knew I wasn't ready for a baby and I now know I wont be having kids for a very long time. Kids are not for teenagers so why would I want them. It scares me even thinking about it. It makes me glad that I am how I am and chose not to have babies. People think school is hard? No way! People should enjoy their time in school instead of complaining about it constantly. The taking the baby home made me really really stressed out. I felt constantly that it was crying or that it needed something. You can never leave a babys side and that was the part that made me nervous. I never had time to do what I normally do. The baby would get in the way of what I was doing. So what I realize is i'm nowhere near ready to have a baby. Not for a very long time. It was a great experience though. Im just not ready at all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. honestly it wasnt that bad she kept waking up at three but hey at least it wasnt every 5 minits. she would wake up at three every morning so i knew when to expect to get up with her. the last night was the hardest because i was so tiredand i could barley keep my eyes open to even realize what i was doing so the third night was pretty much a blur the next morning. i dont think anyone is really "ready" to have a baby even if they plan for it, i mean sure i have taken the class twice but im only tryig to be as prepared as i can so if i ever do have a baby i will know kinda what to expect. but whatever happens im finishing school theres no way i could have a baby and be in school at the same time. i didnt really go anywhere with the baby i pretty mych stayed home when i had it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. when i first herd of the babby project i was thinkint that it was going to suck , then hearing people talk about it i was thinking about it, i wanted to see if i could sign up for a diffrent project. but than i signed up fpr a day to see how it was going to be, ad me and my friend thought that it was fun and so we signed up for the next weekend that there was two babies. so we signed up an when friday came we were s neverse, than after a wile we wasnt no more. i ended up staying the weekend at her house to help her so she didnt go crazy. my baby was pretty quite, till almost 9 30 at night. then it started to cry and cry. well when we finally fell asleep my baby only woak me up 2 or 3 times. one of the times i was sleeping so good i didnt hear it and my friend had to wake me up. the next day my friends mom got annoyed with the babies and she told us to take them for a walk. before we went for a walk we had to take out the garbidge, when maykala gave me her baby to hold it it started crying when she was out sidd , so i had to yell at her and she had to run. when we finally got out for a walk people were staring at us, some people would roll down there windows and yell at us and call us stupind for having a baby. well the rest of the day was almost like a normal day of hanging out. that night we didnt go to sleep till like 4 of 5 n the morning but it really wasnt cause of the baby. then on sunday i went back home and we went to the tattoo shop. i was so nervice the it was going to cry that i made my sis drive me home. when they were done at the shop, they came home and we ate dinner. when we were eateng dinner the baby started to cry ug it sucked. then that night she cried every 45 min. i was soclad to get rid of her, but when i gave her back i was so sad and i wanted her back. i even named her and her name was emma. emma even had a ant and a garndma and everything. thanks to some of my friends. but over all i havd a great time with the baby and i would do it again if i could. i also think that the baby project is a good thing to do. it gives you a little gist of having a real baby.
    sincerly deanna hales

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I had White Girl 1, I had a very easy time with her. She slept most of the night and didn't cry to often. However when I took home the White boy... I was miserable.. He wouldn't register to the bottle and half the time he wouldn't even register to my bracelet. I had a great experience taking home the babies and I hope to take this class again next year. I love this class not cause of the babies but because I want to be fully prepared in the idea of me having a baby. (No, I'm not planing on it anytime soon) :P Good luck to the on-coming child developers. Your going to need it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My first day on having the baby, it was actually really hard just because he kept crying and I didn't know exactly what he wanted. Of course babies can't even tell you, you should already know. Anyways, he kept crying EVERY hour or every so minutes. It was insane. Especially because on my first day I had to go to Vernal, so driving back & forth with the baby crying the whole way was crazy. When it started getting dark out and it was already night time, the baby was calming down. Which was good. He fell asleep from around 10:00pm-5:00am, which I loved very much because I was able to sleep! The next night I had the baby was actually really good and really bad. Really good because I knew now what he wanted, what exactly he wanted. Although, it was really bad at one point because I was really angry and everything that day, which made it much more stressful with the baby around. Although, I stuck to my position as a mother and took care of my baby as soon as he started crying. On my third day, I was actually happy with the baby because I knew what he wanted now, I knew when he wanted them. So it made is so much easier, and especially because his bed time was always 10:00pm and would always wake up at 5:00am. In the end though, I have to admit I miss the baby just because I love kids so much and because if you can take care of that insane baby, it'll be a lot easier to take care of a calm, normal baby. With all that together though, I still want to have kids regardless of when I have a kid. I wouldn't mind giving up my fun years for a beautiful gift only many people get to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought it would be easy taking this baby home and taking care of it because its easy taking care of my niece and nephew. The are really different from what i expected they cry a lot more. They wake up a lot in the night i barley even got any sleep.In my opinion i don't think that baby acted like a real baby they are so much different. I honestly don't think i'm ready to have kids! I don't have problems with teen moms but honestly you shouldn't have kids when your a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought it really wasn't all that bad. Although I know I'm not ready to take a baby into my life. The first night wasn't bad because I didn't do anything. The next night was hard though, I was taking a front and rear end out of a truck. That took me all night. It didn't really help having all the machines running, I couldn't hear my baby at all. Then the last night I had to take care of my little nephew and my baby. So I had my hands full for sure. I think I could physically take care of a baby. Although I am way too busy all the time. Not to mention that I don't do very well financially at all. Once I get moved out, have a nice steady reliable job, and i spectacular wife, I think I could do it no problem. Until I'll just keep riding bulls.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well at first I was super excited to take the baby home with me and I couldn't wait for it to start crying, so I can begin taking care of it. At first it was easy to care for the baby but once I realized the diapers didn't work thats when I noticed the baby would not stop crying because I had nothing to make it stop and that was when the real nightmare began. It cried so much that I didn't even want to take of the baby anymore but I knew I had to because it depended on my grade. Other then all the crying it was actually pretty fun and maybe if I had the right diapers I'm sure I would of done better then I did. It also made me have a second thought if I was ready or not to care for my own baby. I actually was thinking that I was ready to have a baby but after taking home the baby I'm still undecided if I am ready or not, but luckily I still have lots of time to decide on if I am ready to have a baby because as of right now I still want to continue going to school and work towards on having a good career. So when I do decide to have a baby I will have enough money to care for the baby all on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This experience was very fun and interesting but it is not all that expected,The baby made me feel that I always had to be by its side,no matter what I did,wherever I went,even when I had friends over.It was hard when I had to do my everyday things. It made me feel locked down, yeah at times I was stressed out,trying to get my homework done,trying to clean,trying to watch other kids.Yeah it was a great experience.
    Do I feel ready to be a mom? Noooooo way! I love hanging out and being out late way to much to have a baby,I love my body to much to let it go,I like being in school, and just thinking about coming to school with my belly all round and people always looking at me,calling me names, yeah I don't think I could do it. but most of all I do want to graduate school,go to collage, yeah I have sat down and talked to my boyfriend about what if I do end up having a baby at this age,and yeah we both agreed we are not ready to parents.
    but above all the experience was fun,stressful,worth thinking about,and just life thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had an ohkay experience, i would never do it again though. it was very frustrating. i was constantly up, changing it and as soon as i changed the baby it was hungry and right after that it was ready to be changed again!! i lost a lot of sleep taking this baby home with me. i am so not ready to have a kid(s)!! They are a lot work!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well the fake baby was a really different kind of experience but, a really good lesson. At first when i heard of getting the fake baby I thought it would be an easy grade but it was the total opposite, It sucked, to be honest. Carrying it around and not being able to go hang out or get a full nights rest, it showed me that I am most definitely do not want a baby for a long, long time. I think the worst part of the whole experience for me was waking up at 3 in the morning to feed and change the baby and then burping it until it finally falls asleep. You cant even take a shower without worrying about it crying. IT was not a good experience for me but it definitely taught me a huge lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  26. With this fake baby I honestly thought that it would be fun and cool to walk around and take care of a baby. Yet the first day right after school when I first got it I changed my mind already. I was not ready for the experience that this baby had gave me. It was very frustrating time because I absolutely hated the fact I had to give up my sleeping time for this baby. Expecially at this young of age. This baby for sure made me to the point where I dont want to get pregnant in highschool.I also didnt think a baby would cost as much as when we went over it in class. So all in all I do not want a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love kids. But these babies were terrible. But I still had a blast and no I'm not ready for kids right now!!!!! They are to much work. My nephew is seven months old and he wasnt as hard to take care of as these robot babies.

    -Jessika Clements

    ReplyDelete
  28. These babies were really hard. I am not ready for kids yet. The baby was up all the time crying but one thing for sure is that it did teach me a really good lesson it was definitely a good experience. I just did not like how the baby kept waking me up!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It was not at all of what I expected especially when I got the first baby that had a broken neck because you couldn't even move her head. It wasn't to bad for me. It did suck not being able to go hang out with my friends and do everything I wanted but my friends had the baby also so they knew how it was, so we would just hang out together with our baby's. It wasn't to much of a bother with me because I knew it was my responsibility to take care of the baby and I knew when I took this class from the beginning I was going to have to give up my hang out time an take care of the baby. I hated having not that much sleep but I didn't have to much trouble with it because I stayed with my cousin a while ago with her baby that would cry in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Taking the baby taught me so much! At first I was SUPER excited to take the baby home... 5 minutes after I got it I was ready to shoot myself. It really taught me that I am not even close to being ready to become a parent, nor do I have any patients with a child. It was hard for me to take the baby in public places cause I felt like people were looking at me like I was a teen mom. It was a chore to get the baby to fall asleep and waking up in the night was really as well. Having the baby really made me look at having children differently... Having one would be plenty. I had to teach a little girls dance class and it was beyond IMPOSSIBLE because it was my first night I didn't really know what to expect I failed that night and had to re do it. All together having the baby was a terrible experience for me. But it did teach me what I needed to know about having a baby and really how much work they are.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Honestly the fake baby was so different from a real baby. The experience is pretty fun and also fustrating. My first night was pretty easy only thing was whether or not it wanted the bottle or wanted to be fed. My second night was pretty horibble the kid didn't want the bottle or diaper change and would no go to sleep. I guess i could say that it was quite a challenge of what i expected!

    ReplyDelete
  32. honestly i was really nervous about the baby before took it. however the first time i cried i thought i was going to have a heart attack! but after i got over that it just got really annoying. it was such a pain,i felt like it controled my life. and it wasnt even real! i cant imagine how horrible it would be to have an actual baby at my age. even though it was super annoying and i got like no sleep! it was a great learning experience.

    ReplyDelete