Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Super Saving Strategy

What is an additional strategy you or your family have used or could use to cut your expenses?  Please share something that we didn't talk about in class.  Post using the name/URL option.  To get full points, please share something that nobody else has used. 

35 comments:

  1. I pay all my bills then i see what I have left, I don't go out to eat or buy anything, I keep track of what i have on my bank book.
    -Kasaundra Jorgensen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut my own bangs in between haircuts to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have stopped using satellite tv and are using the internet instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my family we do a lot of trading with out neighbors. For example we give one guy bad milk for his pigs and he gives us pork. So we don't have to buy it in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family grows a large garden every summer. We eat the produce from it instead of buying produce at the store. We also freeze, can, and dry a lot of the food so it lasts us through the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family could turn off or unplug any electronic devices that are not being used. Such as lights, lamps, and the television. It would cut down the electricity bill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we grow food in our garden so we don't have to buy it and if we need meat we butcher a cow for meat if we need it.
    Duane Houston

    ReplyDelete
  8. My family writes down anytime a payment is due on our "bill calendar". There isn't anything but payment deadlines on here so we don't get them mixed up with everything else on the calendar. This prevents us from having to pay late fee's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never go to the Salon to get my nails or eyebrows done. I always do my own because I'm completely capable of doing it myself.. it's saves a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family doesn't spend money on many recreational things. We've cut out TV and watch things online. We do things as a family that need little to no money to be done

    ReplyDelete
  11. We wash our vehicles by hand instead of going to the car wash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have cut our expenses by using the food in our cupboards and storage instead of going to the grocery store so often.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We buy things in bulk. My family has a huge dry storage area so we buy crates and huge boxes so we don't spend more money buying lots of little things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i only carry $20 in my wallet at a time if i need more money i have to go to mountain america... doing this makes me second think if i really need what i wanted

    ReplyDelete
  15. To save money I immediately put my paycheck into my savings and if i want money i have to get it out of the ATM charging me $3 extra. so if i really want something i think twice before impulse buying.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A money saving strategy i use. I always have a big shopping list so im less tempted to make any impulse buys and i only have to go to the store once a month. That way im saving money on gas and on groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  17. to save money, i dont have a savings account so i keep all my paychecks and if i absolutely need money i take it out of a smaller check and use that money on what i need. Mikael Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I could stop getting speeding tickets and cut down our insurance cost.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always have my mom cut my hair instead of having to pay for a hair cut every month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My family rarely goes out to eat. It saves a lot of money to prepare meals at home rather than spending a lot of money at a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a cosmetologist so I do everyone's hair in my family and we save over $300 a month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I never carry money in my wallet unless I am planning to spend. This keeps me from making impulse buys. -Patrick Costello

    ReplyDelete
  23. My family writes down a list, so when we go to the store we get the things we need and so we don't just spend on money on the things we don't even use or eat.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My father is a licensed contractor so anything that breaks down around the house he can fix up himself and not have to pay to have it done, which in some cases can be pretty spendy. -Cache Connary

    ReplyDelete
  25. My family has stopped letting the little kids buy exspensice dogs they can not take care of

    ReplyDelete
  26. My family buys generic brand food when we go shopping. it cuts down costs so were no paying as much

    ReplyDelete
  27. My family has a piggy bank in every room in our home. If we are carrying change with us, we drop it into one of those banks. We use the money in those for emergencies and for the many family trips we take. It's surprising how much money you can accumulate through doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Switching T.V. channels can save you money if you don't buy the bigger package with more channels. Limited channels=limited amount of money spent.

    ReplyDelete
  29. In the winter my grandma and I will make blankets so we never have to buy any

    ReplyDelete
  30. Carpool or walk to places to cut down on how much you spend on transportion -Prof. Vazquez

    ReplyDelete
  31. We drive a lot. So when we bought a car we bought one that gets great gas mileage. This way we save lots of money on gas. ~Tess

    ReplyDelete
  32. We build.our own beds because they are sturdier and cost less money

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have a bucket of hardware in my shop. When I need a screw or a bolt I check that bucket before I go to the hardware store.

    ReplyDelete
  34. My Family has a farm so we get free eggs, and when the time comes we get pork and beef. We only water at night and early morning to save money and water so the sun doesn't evaporate all of it. My step dad build his own stoves for when we cook in the summer, so we don't waste money on a new one and we can sell the extra ones he makes.

    ReplyDelete
  35. in the summer we are always traveling to horseshows and rodeos, so instead of eating out for lunch we usually pack a lunch. We then have more money for dinners and or breakfast.

    ReplyDelete