Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where have you learned about money?

Where in the past have you learned about finance? Have your parents talked to you about it? Have you learned anything in school? Do you ever read financial information in books/magazines/online? What kinds of things have you learned from these sources? Or, do you feel like you have no previous financial knowledge?

Please use complete sentences and proper English. The more you write the better.

39 comments:

  1. Every thing I've learned about money, came from my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have no previous knowledge of finance. I've heard about it before, but never really seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things I have learned about finance is mostly from my family. I have also learned from some school classes I have taken but not many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took an accounting class in Uintah. but I only slipped out with a D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents have taught me some things about finance.
    I believe that there is still a lot that I can learn though, mostly on how to do taxes and so forth. Tyler Hardman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I have learned about money from my parents and from my grandparents. Also i have also learned about it from school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What my parents don't teach me I learn just by observance. Most of what I know about money has come from questions I ask them. Other than that, I have learned a few basics in school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All i know about finance is what i hear when my family talks about financial stuff. Besides that, i don't really know anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i learned most of what i know from my parents and a little bit from my brother. Mostly because my mom works for farm bureau insurance so yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ive learned about money and everything from my parents and family. i been learning alot more lately since i turned 18

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmm... i don't know alot about money. but would like to learn more.
    the little that i do know i learned from my parents over the years of living in their house. my dad is very smart when it comes to money. he invests alot of his money and he works for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've learned money mostly from my parents or my older sister. If I didn't learn it form them it would be observations form work or other people

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't hear much about money, I never really dealt with money in my life. I want to learn about this and I think it is an important thing to learn, especially in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have mainly learned about money from my mom and my step-mom. My mom taught me a lot of things bout payments and things on housing just because she is a realtor in Salt Lake. My step-mom taught me about taxes because she does all the finances at our house, my dad just works he doesn't like to work on finances.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything i have learned about money have mostley been from my parents and watching them and talking to them about it because i know its a way important thing in life so i want and need to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have learned a lot of what i have learned from my parents and school. my parents discuss the issues with money they are having.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have learned a few things from my parents like how to manage money and about house stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have lerend the money thing at was the same class that i took the summerter be for this one and i did larend a lot in that class and this time i'm going to pass

    ReplyDelete
  19. i learned most of what i know from my mom becouse she is a secretary and has her own bookkeeping company so she always talked about it alot

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything that I have learned about money is mostly from my parents. Also from my older siblings that are you on there own and have to watch the money the spend and where all there money goes and how to live on a budget is form my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have learned about money from my parents and my grandma, I have taken some classes that have helped with it bu mostly my family. When you get a job you learn to budget so you can survive till the next pay day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything i have learned has been from watching my mom doing bills and everything. I have also learned about insurance from getting a vehicle and such. I think it is important to learn it because we are going to need it soon and even now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have mostly learned everything i know about budgeting money is from my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Most of what i have learned about money has been through seeing what my parents do with the finances.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have learned about money from an accounting class and from my parents. I have also been a secretary for a business, where i had to deal with the money and banking

    ReplyDelete
  26. Money, get away.
    Get a good job with good pay and youre okay.
    Money, its a gas.
    Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
    New car, caviar, four star daydream,
    Think Ill buy me a football team.

    Money, get back.
    Im all right jack keep your hands off of my stack.
    Money, its a hit.
    Dont give me that do goody good bullcrap.
    Im in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
    And I think I need a lear jet.

    Money, its a crime.
    Share it fairly but dont take a slice of my pie.
    Money, so they say
    Is the root of all evil today.
    But if you ask for a raise its no surprise that theyre
    Giving none away.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have learned about money from my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have learned about money from my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Most everything i know about money has come from my parents. MY family has owned and operated a business for as long as i can remember, so dealing with money is not a new thing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I learn it when my grandpa talks about it at dinner or when i am at my aunts house and they talk about it i learn alot form just listening to them talk about i no i got to watch my money good nd no where is going

    ReplyDelete
  31. I learned through a combination of my parents and working.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have learned about it from first to fourth grade. Them my mom started to talk to me about it I don't read any books about it because they seem boring to me. I don't pay any attention to now.

    ReplyDelete
  33. i had some classes in like junior high like tlc but i dont really remeber that class anymores so ya ive never had to worry about money like that so i didnt really put attention like my parents always gave me the money so ya.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Most that i learned about money i have learned from my parents. But I'm getting kind of confused since I'm here in America. Some of the prices are so different!

    ReplyDelete
  35. my mother and several teachers also and in life lesens have tought me about money

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LEARNED HOW TO PAY BILLS BALANCE CHECK BOOKS AND SMART SHOPPING FROM MY PARENTS. I ALSO HANDLED ALOT OF MONEY AT SAGE. I USED TO USE THE CACHE REGISTER AND IT WAS BROKE SO I USED MY HEAD TO COUNT THEIR MONEY BACK.

    ReplyDelete
  37. that if you are gonna pay with a credit card you need to pay it as quickest you can because if you don't is gonna be more the amount that you are gonna have to pay...and never give information about are bank cards or any personal information...and that some times you need to compare prices because some times is the same thing but more expensive....an i think that's all i know :-{

    ReplyDelete
  38. Most of what I know about money has come from my parents, either by talking about it or by observing. I have learned a little in my seventh grade TLC class. I don't know very much though.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have learned from my parents to split my pay check in half put half in savings and half in checking make sure I dont spend what I will need at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete