Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcome to Financial Literacy!

After taking the financial literacy pre-test on my utips page, please post a comment on the following questions:

Where have you learned about money in the past? (School, parents, books, etc.) What are some of the things you've been taught about money? Name at least three principles you've been taught.

After posting your comment I will need to approve it before it appears on the blog. Sign it using the name/url option. Only put your first name and leave the url blank.

Be sure to vote in the poll to the right.

Thanks!

40 comments:

  1. I've learned about money mostley in School and at Home.
    Don't spend money you don't have.
    Save!
    Be careful and think first

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. use cach over credit cards, save your money , and dont buy stuff u can not afford

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents havd taught me a little about it.

    Never spend more than an item is worth.
    Never spend more money than you have to spend.
    If you really do not need the item the don't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past I have learned about money, through friends, through experiance, and through some family. I have really taught myself that money is not something you can just throw around especially when it is tight, and dont have much. If there is three principles I could come up with is, priorities, save, and budget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. School and somewhat from my parent. How to keep track and balance it. Save money, spend it wisely and make sure you don't go into debt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have learned most of the things about money from my parents, and from having bills of my own. I know the paying bills on time is right so not to have late fees. and interest rates can suck. And that starting your cedit now will help me in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have learned about money in the past from my parents. The first concept was put money away and have it in case of an emergancy. second is to shop around for the best deals possible for cars and other things. Third, to put 10% in a savings account from what I have earned

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brothers and sisters and they have said lones are bad and dont get new things manage your money and invest only in thigs you have done your reaserch on and dont be lazzy with your money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My parents have taught me about money in the past. I have also learned some from my past school teachers. I've been taught how to manage my money properly and how important it is to not get over my head in debt. I have learned about intrest and how it works. I also have learned about where to best invest my money to fit my needs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My parents, school, and some experiance. That money isn't always there when you need it. Save, don't spend more than you make, and don't spend all you have on one thing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have learned from my parents to use your money wisely it doesnt take much before its gone. Get a job you enjoy and earn some money. Save what you can you never know when youll need it most.
    Megan Priebe

    ReplyDelete
  12. !. well how to take care of it. don't spend it all at once. putting yuor money in a bank is safer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have learned to be wise about how i spend my money (parents) and never spend more then what you have. My parents have taught me to use my money wisely and don't spend more then what i have. I am very glad that they have taught me all the things that they have! thanks mom and dad.
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  14. My parents, school, and also i have been taught not to spend money on stuff not worth buying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Somewhat from my family , i've seen their ups and downs. From what they've told me is to be careful on what you spend it on and save money for more important things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My parents taught me most of what I know.
    Balance my check book
    Keep track of the money in my account
    Avoid using a credit card unless you use it on something that will boost your credit score.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have learned about money from school and home and work.
    what i have learned was to save, dont spend money that u dont have. Becarful on site to order stuff or music.

    Travis Henderson B4

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've learned about money before at school & from my parents. Buying things on credit is like driving down the road throwing money out the window (interest). Don't spend money you don't have to be spending. Be sure to have a savings account in case of something unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I learned about money from my parents and school.

    Don't spend money that you don't have.
    Use your money wisely.
    Budget.
    Don't go into debt.
    Save.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have learned about money at school and from my parents.
    Never spend more than you have, so it's smart to have a savings.
    That the most expensive item is not always the best, so it's best to ask around.
    That we don't need everything so limit your buying to the essentials and some of the unessential that you can afford.
    Shianne Parker

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've learned from my parents that you always have to be smart with your money. And to never spend money you dont have! And to always have money put aside incase of emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My mom has been a Real Estate agent as well as a mortgage home loan officer. My dad has managed up until just recently, all of the finances in our home. My mother also manages other peoples incomes and helps people get out of debt. She creates plans to eliminate debt in the course of just a few years.
    My parents have also taught me that saving money is a really needed essential.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have learned about managing my money mostly from my parents. Dont take advantages of a credit cards, save your money and determine if you really need something or if you just want it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My mother. To Spend it wisely. I have no idea


    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mp perents tought me what i know about money like spend it wisely and dont go to over board with it. Other than that thats all i learned about money from my perents or anyone or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My parents have taught me to save my money and only buy things i need. So think before you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i have learned about money from my parents and other family members. i have learned to safe effeciently and not to spend money i dont have.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have learned a lot of my financial knowledge from school. But I have also learned a lot by the examples of my family. I am the youngest in my family so I have been able to watch my brothers and sisters as they go through finicial highs and lows. I have learned a lot from that.
    Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have learned about money from my parents and from a few classes in school.

    Dont spend money that you dont have.
    Use money wisely.
    Budget.
    Save.
    Dont go into debt.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i learn money for my (parents). and when u get a loan out u have to pay the money back on time.
    use money wisey and when u borrow money pay it back
    and save money

    ReplyDelete
  31. i have learned about money by my bank assistanst and by my parents. i have learned in school and also home. i been taught how to invest credit for myself and savings.

    Nyckie Justice

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have learned about managing my money from my parents. My parents told me to spend my money wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have learned about money from my parents. But they really didn't teach me much about it. I've learned some stuff from school also. Like writing a check and stuff like that. I want to know about stocks and stuff, because i think thats cool how your money can work for you and make you even more money.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't know anything about this class so hopfully i learn alot

    ReplyDelete
  35. My parents have always taught me not to spend more than I had and not to spend it on things that aren't needed. They have taught me how to balance a checkbook and also how to be a rightous spender. I've also learned how to be a smart buyer

    ReplyDelete
  36. My parents have taught me to only buy things you have money for. They also taught me to pay in cash whenever it is possible. They taught me to know what I'm buying so that I will know what the best purchase will be.

    ReplyDelete
  37. i have no idea how to spend money correctly, so hopefully this class can help me out.
    so....yeah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've learned that its good to build yourself an amazing credit score from the start. If you don't have good credit then you'll have a hard time getting such things like a car, and a house.

    ReplyDelete
  39. They taught me how to spend money wisely, and never take it for granted. they also taught me to not over spend, and how to keep a clean bank account and about paying off all my payments and other junk. but i know nothing of stocks and investments.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Well most of the things I've learned about money are just common sense. I know how to manage my money when i want to but usually I don't have that much so Im used to conserving. Just think about what you want, what you need, or what's more important. Those are my main 3 principles I use to help determine what is best for my situation.

    ReplyDelete