Now that you've had a chance to take the baby home for three nights, tell me about your experience. Did you have any interesting experiences? How did you feel when you had the baby? Have you learned anything about yourself? Use complete sentences and post using the Name/URL option. Please post using your first name and an initial if needed, and leave the URL blank. I have to approve your comment before it will appear on the blog.
I had good experiences with the baby because i had to get up in the middle of the night and feed, burp, and change the babies dippers. I felt like i could do it but at the same time i didn't know was to. Yes, I have because I really don't want to have kids until I have completed my goals.
ReplyDeleteI think it sucked!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to die. It cried all the time and had to be held all the time and needed my attention all the time.
I was literally on the brink of insanity, and I only had the baby for 3 days.. at this point, I cannot even imagine 18 years...
I am definitely not ready to be a mom.
-Kenzi Gardner.
I was very excited to get my baby for a weekend. It was different to carry a baby around everywhere you go, to the store or to a friend's house. It was annoying when i talked to people and the baby began to cry. But in the night it was even worse. It was hard to get up a couple times during the night and feed the baby. I was so tiered the next morning. I was glad to give the baby back after the weekend. I think that i am not ready to have kidsyet. I would have to give up a lot of things that i still want to do as long as i am young.
ReplyDeleteLea
my experience on the baby was horrible. when i had the baby i felt like a real mom but i didn't want to have to get up or burp it, it kept crying i felt like i didn't know what to do. Yes i learned something about myself, i've learned to keep my body safe dont have sex at a young age. i dont wanna end up pregnant & being like them other girls
ReplyDeleteWhile having my baby, I've learned a lot. Babies are hard! And I am NOT ready to have one, and I don't think I will be for a very long time.
ReplyDeleteOne of the experiences that I had with the baby that really stood out was when my mother made me take my baby to the store to buy her some stuff, she made me keep the blanket on top of the stroller, and when I got back in the car she asked me how people looked at me, and told me that's what it would be like everywhere you went if you had a baby as a teen.
I really thought that having a baby would be a piece of cake. Having this baby proved me wrong.
Will thinking about having kids is not fun they cry too much they can be fun some times but when it's time to go to bed it cries a lot i though about it a lot i started to think about not having kids until i am ready. The first night with the baby it was hard it won't stop crying so i started to cry cause it won't be quite but the next night it went okay it didn't cry at night only it woke up at 5. the last night was horrible it was a bad night but i think a lot about this I really want a kid until I am 24.
ReplyDeleteThis was so much fun
p.s i think it haunting me :)
Taking the baby was a little scary at first but in the end when I looked back at it, it was actually quite a fun exsperience. Of course it cried and wined,but it also laughed and cooed, which made it all better after. Over all I enjoyed it, there's no doubt that when I'm ready I'll have a baby, but that wont be till I'm in my 20's of course.
ReplyDeleteThe baby was fun, but I do know I don't wont to have a kid for a while. It didn't seem that hard as everyone said it is. It seemed to help when people said how the babies cry and how it was.
ReplyDeleteIt was a lot of fun but a lot of work. I love babies and I actually liked it, but I am so never having kids anytime soon! In my opinion everyone should so take this class. You get hardly any sleep most of the time and it shows people how kids can be.
ReplyDeletei thing the baby really taught me think. i am definitly sure im not ready for kids. going to the store was the worst thing ever!!!!!! I was like really embarrassed when i had to go to the store with my baby because everytime i would go and get something it would cry. i was like really tired because it would cry and the second night was the absolute worst because it would cry every hour! I am sure im not ready to be a mom and ill wait till after college and i'm ready for it.
ReplyDeletei think it taught me a lot about it i took on a weekend when i was really sick and i was interesting cause the baby wanted to be fed when i want to rest and every thing it woke up when i was just about to go to sleep . so i get that being a teenage mother would be hard and everything but it would be even worse if there was no one to help you out with the baby. and the thing is some time i can here the baby crying in my head which is really creepy.
ReplyDeleteMy experience with the baby was great. She only woke up a couple times in the night. Throughout the day she was good. I actually found that the baby has different cries for each of her needs so I knew what she wanted after a few times she cried. I believe that when I get married and start having kids I will be ready to take care of them but I'm not ready for them now.
ReplyDeletehaving the baby for three nights was annoying because it would cry every time i was in the shower. the first night was scary because i had no idea what to do when it cryed. the sec. night was a little better it kept me up all night i got maybe 1 hour of sleep. the third night it only woke me up once. but i would say that having to take a baby home was good experience for me because it changed my m9nd on having kids for a while.
ReplyDeleteIt was no fun at all, because I had to take it to my musical rehearsals, and it really took from my rehearsal time. And what's worse is it kept me up all night every night and my dad made me bring it to church. It cried literally every 10 minutes, so mostly I just stayed in the mothers room and missed out on a lot of stuff. Having a baby really sucks, and now I definitely don't want one until I have a husband to take some night shifts. ;) not that I wanted one before then, but this just confirmed it that much more. What was really annoying is that I would put the bottle up to feed it and the sensor wouldn't say it was there, so I didn't know what to do for it, so I'd just rock it and then it'd shut itself off. Stupid bottle. This assignment confirmed many of my beliefs. Babies are frustrating and taxing. NOT FOR TEENS!
ReplyDeletemy baby was fun during the day but at night i wanted to throw her out the window! it wasnt as hard as it could have been but it made me realize that i am not ready for a baby. when i had my baby i would count down the nights so when i was up feeding on my last night i was glad that i would not have to do that the next night. but, with a real baby you cant just bring it back to school and never pick it up again. it was a good experience and it made me feel like i was a teenage mom.
ReplyDeletei was up every hour.it was hard because i had school the next day. it help me when i will be a mom i will know what to do.it also help me with babysitting.it wake up every in in my house. i culd not go anywhere.
ReplyDeleteBrittney H.
ReplyDeleteWhile I had the baby I learned alot. It's allot harder than I thought it would be! My baby brother does not cry that much! But it wasn't that bad it was harder at night than during the day. But I learned allot. I learned how to take care of the baby and it was not that bad, it wasn't that fun though.
I decided from having this fake baby that I don't want to have a baby at least not right now. Maybe in the far, far future, and then I'd only have one because their so hard to take care of. But I loved the baby. Even though it was a hard assignment to do.
I actually didn't mind having the baby. I mean I dont want one any time soon, but it wasnt that bad. I loved taking it with me everywhere just to see the weird looks everyone gave me. The only thing I hated was it waking me up at night, but even that wasn't to bad. So overall it was a good experience. :) McKenzie T
ReplyDeleteAriel said
ReplyDeletewell when i had the baby i had to work 3-5 and it was not on tell 5 and it did not cry for a tell i got home and then the baby cried and then i started to cry it was bad but i took care of it it was hard the first night and the the second night it was better it did not cry as much and the i had to go to dance and it did not cry thank goodness because i had to go the the city for a dance thing so on the therd night it was better it did not cry as much the it was hard because i had to to take it in the school i liked doing the baby thing if it was only one night .
While I had the baby I realized that my parents especially wouldn't want me to have one because it was a lot of hard work and my parents wanted to shoot it even when it didn't make any noise. My mom kept on flicking it while it was asleep so i would have to take care of it more. So she was very mean to me about it. Haha. I thought it would be kinda easy because I've had to take care of real babies this old before but it was so different when i couldn't have any help and had to do it on my own. Then when i was at my church it stayed asleep until 10 minutes before i had to go onstage with my mom thats when i went to the bathroom and it shut up for a little bit but right when i was onstage i heard it screaming again and my friend was in the bathroom trying to fix it but of course it didn't work. Everyone was laughing at me and i went straight back to the bathroom and fixed it. I was in there the entire time and then i had to wake up in the middle of the night. Let's just say it sucked. A lot. On the last day I had the baby I decided to have it the day my friend and her older brother stayed the night. Let's just say they were all VERY mad at me.
ReplyDelete