Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Money Saving Tips


We've been talking in class about strategies to stretch your budget. You've heard what some of mine are. Now I want to hear some from you. What is one really good strategy you have used or could use to save money.

The dress I'm wearing here cost me $1 on a K-Mart closeout. Finding end-of-season bargains is a great way to make your clothing budget stretch.

27 comments:

  1. a good money making strategy would be to use coupons as much as possible and save your pop cans and turn them in for money =)also eat organic foods because they are easy to cook and have no shipping charges. they are also very healthy and give you energy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have saved a lot of money by shopping on Ebay. Many items are sold at wonderful discounts there. But be careful to only buy what you need and not everything you see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good way to help save money would be to invest in stocks and bonds mostly bonds because after a certain time they get more value. Also dont by things that you want instead make it a need and make sure you can back your money up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good way to save money would be cooking at home often. By doing this you can choose what you want to eat and you will know the things you put in the food personally. When you cook at home you won't be spending $100 of more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My idea of a money saving strategy wwould be to buy things you need like food, etc. instead of having to get the electronic device when you get some money. Another idea that would help save money is that if you own a cell phone try to use the least amount of times as possible so you don't end up with a high phone bill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A money strategy that has helped me out this past month is really think about things that i really need so when i go shopping for myself i have made a list of things that i need and it has made my shopping a lot better. i don't get caught up by buying things that i don't really need and i can get in and out of the store without a problem now.. thanks for showing me this strategy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have saved a ton of money by not going out to lunch at school and instead just going to my house to eat or buying school lunch that my mom pays for:) Or go to a friends house and the next have them come to yours it can save you a lot of extra money you would spend on fast food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Using the internet to access recipes of copycats of favorite restaurant foods, also using recipes to make homemade cleaning products very cheap.. also using the internet for movie rentals through websites like netflix.com, you can save money on late fees..

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I go to the store I only take the money that I think I will be spending. I also tuck 10 dollar away after every pay check. Thats how I can save money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I am shopping somewhere and I'm not sure if I should buy something I always think of something I would really like to have. That's normally a good reason for me to save my money. Or I think of something cheaper like candies I really like to eat. Then I think of how many of those candies I could buy for this money. That helps me saving a lot of money... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A money saving strategy my family has is that we have a family plan for our cellphones. that way we don't have to use our house phones as often and it is cheaper to share than to have separate plans

    ReplyDelete
  12. i save money by carpooling with my friends and and drive least amount

    ReplyDelete
  13. save your money by doing the following. my parents told me to creat a budget and stick with it. have somebody keep your money(mom dad). you can also open a savings account. when you get a check at least put 20 dollers away. or just dont spend anything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always been a bargain shopper, my friends always tease me about it. Honestly you can find way cute clothes on the sales rack! That will save you some money. My parents have showed me how to save money buy making me save for what i want. Always from a toy to a car.

    ReplyDelete
  15. a good way that i save money is to make a list of what i need and only buy those things. also buying things that are on sale or in bulk can help you save money.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You pay yourself-you take out a certain amount of what you earn and put it into savings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Take 5% out of a paycheck and put it into a savings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My money saving plan is to turn the water off while i'm brushing my teeth. and i can take shorter showers.
    Jessi Peatross
    A3
    2/25/29
    Absent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. After dinner the first night. eat left overs. for the next night.
    jesse kulland

    ReplyDelete
  20. THere are many ways to save money, you can do bargain shopping by the cheaper western family stuff. Instead of eating out all the time you can save a lot of money by eating at home. don't just buy something because its cute or whatever

    ReplyDelete
  21. don't go to the store alot i try to only go like once a week me and my family go to wal mart and go get everthing we need for the mounth and we make a list of everthing we want to eat that month

    ReplyDelete
  22. one good way to stretch money is to start saving buy the lowest things you can and put the rest away for later. The when you need it get how much you need keep the rest away for later. when you get paid don't go out and spend it put it away unless you absolutly have to, like washing your car or repairing it. Make sure that you have enough left over Don't drive as often ride on a bus. Eat at home more instead of going out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. a good way to save money stop going out to lunch if you are at school. instead just going to you house to eat or buy school lunch. Some more good ways of saving money is to ride with a friend to school and take turns driving. do not drive as often Ride the bus to get you to school also don't buy pop and candy at the school go to the store to get it. it is cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favorite money saving technique is to wait until either my birthday, or Christmas before get what i want. I may get what i need, thereby saving me money. but if not, then after Christmas, lots of things are on sale, and i can buy it cheaper. besides, it gives me ample time to consider the necessity of whatever i am going to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mrs LK - that's a great picture of you! You are one of the best bargain shoppers of all time. :)

    We save a lot of money at our house by doing (or trying to do) the following:
    *cooking at home,
    *using hand-me-down or second-hand clothes,
    *not subscribing to cable TV,
    *doing cheaper but still fun dates,
    *walking instead of driving when possible,
    *doing our own home maintenance,
    *not purchasing snack foods often,
    *comparison shopping,
    *mending clothing when possible,
    *making due without non-essential fun things,
    *buying what is important to us,
    *communicating about major purchases,
    *re-identifying our goals so we can focus on saving for what is really crucial and not accidentally spend what we thought was extra,
    *planning our menus and grocery lists,
    *and limiting myself to 3 impulse purchases (things that aren't on my list no matter how much I "want" them) when grocery shopping.

    And... a word on the cost of children. People think having a baby is so expensive because they calculate buying everything new and everything that the American Baby magazine says is good to have. Really though, after you have bought the basics second-hand and said "thank you" for hand-me-downs you're about set. There is really very little you need to buy new. Socks & Underwear? Yeah, that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would say a good money saving plan for me that i wouldn't drive to school everyday and sometimes i would just ride the bus. It helps me to save on gas and yet i still get to school at a decent time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. When start to shop for things,I really think hard about if I really need or want it or not, even when I have extra money to spend. Sometimes it takes a long time to make my decision, but it the end it is always beneficial and I hardly ever regret it.

    ReplyDelete